A Chinese restaurant manager swallowed a cockroach, discovered in a customer's dish, to destroy evidence.
The incident took place when Huang Xiaogang and friends were having their meal at a restaurant in Caidian of Wuhan province recently.
Huang found a black creature in the bowl of mushrooms and picked it up with his chopsticks.
To his surprise that tiny black thing was a dead cockroach and complained to the restaurant manager, reports the Daily Chilli.
The manager gagged about the happening and said that the insect had been "sterilised in high temperature" and was not dirty anymore.
Assuring Huang that the insect would not cause any harm to their health, he picked it up and swallowed it.
The manager later told health officers that he was afraid that the customers would demand high compensation that is why he swallowed the cockroach to destroy evidence.
He then waived off Huang's bill of 570 Yuan.