An elderly woman in Chicago died soon after she injected her face with heated beef fat in order to simulate the effects of botox, though health authorities said the injection was not the cause of her death.
Janet Hardt, 63, who lives in the Homewood suburbs of Chicago, had undergone a number of cosmetic surgeries in her face and neck in the last few years.
AdvertisementShe decided to inject heated beef fat around her mouth and chin in order to reduce wrinkles. Family members said that she had undergone the procedure a number of times.
Hardt got herself admitted to a hospital after complaining that her face felt as if it was burning. Health authorities said that the injected did not cause her death and it was in fact caused due to bacterial infection in her mouth and lips and also due to scarring from the infection.
P Voice and Face Recognition Areas in Brain are Directly Connected RA Drug Might Help Treat Asthma as Well M
You May Also Like