"Chewing Gum Explodes": Kills Chemistry Student

by Trilok Kapur on  December 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM General Health News   - G J E 4
An exploding chewing gum dipped mistakenly in chemical, killed a Russian chemistry student.

According to Russian news agency Ria Novosti, the 25-year-old chemistry student was found dead with his jaw blown off after he was working on a computer at his parents' house in the Ukraine city of Konotop.

"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," the Herald Sun quoted a city police chief aide as telling

"When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off," the aide added.

The man, who was studying at Ukraine's Kiev Polytechnic Institute, was known for his habit of dipping chewing gum in citric acid.

The police found both citric acid packets and "some kind of explosive material" on a table in his parent's room.

They believe he may have confused the two packets, dipping the gum into the explosive material rather than the citric acid.

Forensic experts will travel from Kiev on December 10, to investigate the substance, as local authorities fear it may explode if transported.

Source: ANI

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

View All