Cancer Patient Dies After Docs Inject Wrong Chemo

by Rajashri on  July 10, 2008 at 2:36 PM Indian Health News   - G J E 4
 Cancer Patient Dies After Docs Inject Wrong Chemo
37-year-old cancer patient Kuntal Chakraborty died after he was given a chemotherapy injection in the spine instead of intra venous as was necessary.

His relatives have vowed to take action against what they term an extreme case of negligence. Chakraborty's brother-in-law Subhasish Roy said they will also approach the Indian Medical Association in this matter.

Kuntal was treated at the Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital in Mumbai for kidney cancer. He was asked to continue chemotherapy at Kolkata and was continuing it at a reputed private hospital in the city.

Chief Executive Officer of the concerned nursing home R Banerjee said they were investigating the matter, . "None of out staff or doctors were involved. The doctor and the anaesthetist treating him had been referred by the Tata hospital in Mumbai. Kuntal was under their care," Banerjee said.

It is reported the anaesthetist administered the fourth chemotherapy injection into Kuntal's spinal cord and soon after his health began failing. His body finally succumbed on Wednesday.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

View All