Medindia

X

Brits are the Biggest Snack Eaters: Report

by Sheela Philomena on  June 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM Lifestyle News   - G J E 4
In Europe, Britons are the biggest snack eaters, shows report. Every individual on average spent 55 pounds on crisps and nuts last year, more than double the 22.50 pounds of their nearest rival, Germany.

This is projected to rise to more than 80 pounds in 2014.
 Brits are the Biggest Snack Eaters: Report
Brits are the Biggest Snack Eaters: Report
Advertisement

Britons munched through 300 tons of the snacks in 2010, worth 2.47billion pounds and a quarter of all sales in Europe.

Advertisement
"The UK is king in the European crisps and salty snacks market. Eating occasions are unlimited and snacking is rife throughout the day. Even here, though, the health credentials of crisps are questioned and the difficulty of marrying health and taste is, by definition, difficult in the market," the Daily Mail quoted the report author James Manley, a leading market analyst of Mintel, as saying.

While crisps make up the lion's share of the market in the UK, representing 48 per cent of sales, other snacks, including tortilla chips, popcorn and pork scratchings, make up the remaining 52 per cent.

Source: ANI
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All