Boy Could be Scarred for Life After Delayed Reaction to Tattoo Chemicals

by Kathy Jones on  September 17, 2011 at 6:47 PM Lifestyle News   - G J E 4
A six year old boy who had inked on a temporary henna tattoo when on vacation to Egypt could be scarred for life after a painful reaction to the henna that left burn marks on his arms.
 Boy Could be Scarred for Life After Delayed Reaction to Tattoo Chemicals
Boy Could be Scarred for Life After Delayed Reaction to Tattoo Chemicals

On his visit to Sharm-El-Sheikh two weeks ago, Cade Bailey had inked a temporary dragon tattoo on his forearm.

While the tattoo faded away after just one week, Bailey was left with burn marks on his arms following a delayed reaction of the chemicals added to the henna.

He was taken to the hospital where doctors covered the burns with protective bandage and steroid cream and antihistamine tablets to take three times a day. "The doctor said it was a chemical burn. Cade had suffered an allergic reaction to the tattoo. It's a great concern and very worrying as it's very painful for him. The arm's very hot to touch too, almost burning hot", his mother, Michelle said.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions
In regards to the 6 year old and henna burn; most people assume henna is safe as it is a natural product. Unfortuneately, the owness should be on the tatoo artist to reveal all chemicals added to the natural henna mixture. Many artists add [myself included] cajeput oil (found in tiger balm), eucalyptus oil (an oil added in vick's vapour rub), clove oil, tea tree oil and water. Many artists also add lead without offering that information, and it is that addition which causes the lasting effects. Unfortunetly, many artists do not offer the info. of the ingredients in the henna. Sorry to hear about your son's painful experience.
henna-art Thursday, September 22, 2011
This was clearly BLACK henna with PPD not, naturual henna. It is a CHEMICAL burn. Oils are not chemicals. PPD and other TOXIC chemicals caused this, not the essential oils! True henna only comes in one color...BROWN! Avoid black henna in all instances!
imabodyartist Friday, February 17, 2012

You May Also Like