A bear hug more than two decades ago proved to be the cause of persistent health problems for 31-year old Chantel Faill until she coughed the problem out.
Faill was at a pub on Boxing Day when her friend lifted her up in a bear hug. As he went to put her down, his pool cue speared her in the mouth, leaving her with a swollen face for weeks. Unknown to her, a piece of the pool cue had remained inside her head and she suffered from constant flu like symptoms for the next two decades.
AdvertisementNumerous visits to doctors failed to come up with a cause for her persistent sickness. However her problems ended as suddenly as they had begun when she coughed out the pool cue tip, which had turned green in her body.
She immediately went to a hospital where the doctors told her that the tip must have somehow worked its way to her sinuses and that she was lucky to be alive. "I went to hospital and was given strong painkillers. A CT scan confirmed that it had gone into my cheek bone. The bone had been broken when the snooker cue hit and the tip went into the sinuses in my cheek. It then moved into my right nasal package, before I coughed it out", she said.
P Confusing Dukan Diet Slammed by British Dietetic Association Japanese Develop Cuddly Robot That Stops You From Snoring! M
You May Also Like