Supermarket chains across the United States have pulled off popular baby formula Enfamil from their store shelves after it was linked with the death of an infant in Missouri.
The decision to pull out the product comes after a ten day old infant, Avery Cornett of Lebanon, Missouri, lost his life and it was revealed that he had been tested positive for the presence of bacteria Cronobacter which is associated with rare form of illness among newborns.
AdvertisementThough Enfamil has not been directly linked with the death, health officials in Missouri are conducting tests to check whether Cornett was infected with the bacteria through the baby formula. The health officials added that Cornett was the second baby to have been infected with the bacteria though they did not reveal the brand name of the baby formula that the first baby had taken.
The US Food and Drug Administration revealed that it will be carrying out an investigation along with the Centers for Disease Control and local health officials to ascertain the source of the contamination and said that it expects to get the results next week.
P Imposing “Fat Tax” on Sugary Drinks may Help Reduce Obesity Rates High Levels of Gluten Found in Some 'Low-Gluten' Beer M
You May Also Like