Air India has organised flights with all women crew together with women dispatchers, women load and trim staff, women engineers, women staff at check-in counters, women doctor for crew breathalyser test, women staff for security checks and women conducting LOSA safety audit on the occasion of International Women's Day tomorrow.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation will felicitate women aviators, who have contributed significantly to the civil aviation in India, on the occasion of International Women's day.
AdvertisementThe women who will be felicitated are:-
1. Late Capt Prem Mathur - First woman to obtain Commercial Pilot License.
2. Capt Durba Banerjee - First woman Commander of an airline.
3. Chanda Budhabhatti - Pioneer Pilot and Founder of Indian Women Pilots' Association.
1. Bhubaneshwari Gautam - First woman Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
2. Capt Aruna Kandarpa - First woman Helicopter Pilot.
3. Harpreet A De Singh - First woman Technical Ground Instructor and First Head of Quality Management Systems of an airline.
1. Tulsi Mirchandani - CEO, Blue Dart.
2. Capt Shobha K Mani - CEO, North-East Shuttle.
1. Tuhinanshu Sharma - First woman ICAO auditor from DGCA Airports Authority of India.
2. Kalpana Sethi, General Manager, (architect) AAI.
3. K Hemalatha, General Manager (Finance), Chennai.
4. Aryama Sanyal, Jt General Manager (ATC), Ahmedabad.
5. R Vasundara, Deputy General manager (CNS), Chennai.
Cabin Crew of IC-814 (Kathmandu - Kandhahar hijack flight):
1. Sapna Menon.
3. Kalpana Mazumdar.
4. Tara Debnath.
As part of the event, presentations would be delivered on the occasion highlighting the contribution being made by women in all fields of civil aviation as well as the new opportunities that are emerging in the sector.