Three children died of heat and suffocation in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at the S.N. Medical College and Hospital on Tuesday, August 11, 2015, following a power cut for many hours, their parents alleged. The parents said, "The ventilators stopped working following the power cut. The hospital has generator facility but the staff did not turn it on."
An agitated patient said, "For nearly eight hours, there was no light in the emergency ward. Parents, doctors and other staff came out in the open while the patients suffered."
AdvertisementMedical college principal Dr. Ajay Agarwal and NICU in-charge Dr. Neeraj Yadav were in Lucknow to attend a meeting. The medical staff said, "The medical college is exempted from load shedding. However, there was an abrupt power cut on Tuesday morning."
A Supreme Court order suggests that Agra and the entire Taj Trapezium Zone has to be supplied power 24x7, but in reality load shedding continues for long hours.
P Steroid, Medicine Consumption, Sedentary Lifestyle Causing Infertility in Males Want to Keep Your Make-Up Perfect? Just Follow These Tips For a Flawless Face M
You May Also Like