A total of 20 people, including five children, were hospitalised for food poisoning after they consumed prasadam distributed at the Marakaneeswara temple in Maducarai on Mahasivarathri on Tuesday.
According to sources, tamarind rice, lemon rice, curd rice and sweet pongal were distributed at the temple on the special occasion. Dr Kumaravelu, Deputy Director Public Health said that several devotees developed diarrhoea and vomiting and were rushed to the Primary Health centre in Maducarai in the wee hours. Several others panicked and rushed to the PHC.
AdvertisementAround 100 persons suffered food poisoning, 20 of them affected severely. The affected were referred to the Indira Gandhi Government General Hospital and Post Graduate Institute (IGGGH&PGI).
V Deivasigamany, Superintendent of Police said that the exact reason for the food poisoning is yet to be known. Also, there is no sample available for chemical analysis as the leftover food was disposed off.
The officer added that the delay in distribution of the food or the utensil in which it was stored could have led to chemical changes.
PMicrosensor 1.8 Ideal in Minimal Invasive Vascular Surgeries FDA Approves Pelvalon's Eclipse Vaginal Insert for Fecal Incontinence M
You May Also Like