A 38-year-old mother died of caffeine overdose after drinking eight liters of a carbonated beverage that reacted with prescription drugs.Victoria Lane, died from a mixture of excessive caffeine consumption and prescription drugs in April this year.
Reese, her 17-year-old son, found Victoria's lifeless body at their home and rang paramedics who were unable to revive his mother despite several desperate attempts. Victoria would drink up to four two-liter bottles of a carbonated beverage and one liter Vodka everyday, to combat the side effects of her anxiety medication.
AdvertisementAppearing at North Staffordshire Coroner's Court, Reese told the inquest, "She was in the same position as I saw her the night before. I tried to wake her up but her jaw was completely locked. That's when I started to worry."
"When mum was drinking heavily she could get through a one-litre bottle of vodka a day and four two-litre bottles of a carbonated beverage," said Reese.
Victoria's mother, Rosalyne (60), said, "My daughter 'changed' after a car crash at the age of 16, and had drank huge amounts of the fizzy drink to help with the side effects of medication that gave her a dry mouth. I did question her about it because of the high amount of caffeine, but she told me it was fine."
Recording a verdict of accidental death, coroner Sarah Murphy said, "It is absolutely tragic that such a young lady who had overcome significant adversity and had managed to sort herself and who had so much life and so much to look forward to, died prematurely."
PUS Food And Drug Administration Approves GSK's Drug For Severe Asthma German Scientists Introduce New Bone Drill With Ability to Turn for Inner Ear Tumor Removals M
You May Also Like