Medindia

X

2-year Old Who Lost Fingers to Meningitis Eats Christmas Dinner With Special Cutlery

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  December 26, 2011 at 3:39 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
2-year old Kaiya Jackson who lost all her fingers to meningitis ate her Christmas dinner with special cutlery attached to her wrists.
 2-year Old Who Lost Fingers to Meningitis Eats Christmas Dinner With Special Cutlery
2-year Old Who Lost Fingers to Meningitis Eats Christmas Dinner With Special Cutlery
Advertisement

The little girl spent her last Christmas in an induced coma as she battled with septicemia (blood poisoning) caused by the disease. In order to save her life, doctors had to amputate part of one hand, one foot and her fingers. After several operations and skin grafts at Birmingham Children's Hospital, Kaiya is now home for Christmas.

Advertisement
Kaiya Jackson has adapted well to the challenges she faces without her fingers and has even learned to eat using a special fork and spoon that are attached to her wrist.

Her mother said, "She's the bravest, most amazing little girl. She can pick up the tiniest crumb on the floor and nothing seems to faze her."

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All