Reece-Marie Hall, a 15-year-old schoolgirl, had to be rushed into emergency surgery after a tongue-piercing procedure went awry and instead ruptured a vein.
Hall was to undergo a Ģ15 procedure to insert a silver bar on her tongue when the bar apparently ruptured a vein leading to excessive bleeding. She needed to be put under general anesthesia by doctors in order to get the bar out.
AdvertisementHall went to the Classic piercing and tattoo studio, in Hull city centre to get the piercing done. "At first my tongue didn't bleed, but after I left the shop, the tongue started pouring with blood," Reece- Marie told the Daily Mail. "I kept choking."
She returned home where her worried mother called an ambulance. Reece-Marie seems to her learned her lesson, "'I am taking iron because I lost too much blood and I am also on antibiotics and paracetamol. My tongue is not as swollen as it was, but it has stitches in it and it's very painful."
Her case is a lesson for all teenagers to avoid such procedures.
P HIV Rates Decline in Kashmir Valley Low Folate Levels During Pregnancy Linked to Hyperactive Kids M
You May Also Like