11 People Fall Sick After Consuming Chips Doused With Caustic Soda

by Kathy Jones on  May 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

Around 11 people, including five children under 10 years of age, required a visit to the hospital after they consumed chips doused in caustic soda in a Western Australian restaurant.
 11 People Fall Sick After Consuming Chips Doused With Caustic Soda
11 People Fall Sick After Consuming Chips Doused With Caustic Soda

The incident occurred at a Chicken Treat outlet in Bunbury after an employee mistakenly put caustic soda in a salt shaker insider of salt. The victims were taken to the Bunbury Hospital, where three children remained in the hospital, while two others were sent to a Perth hospital for further treatment.

The incident was confirmed by Grace Ley, the South West Regional Director of WA's Regional Country Health Service, while the police revealed that they are investigating how the chemicals were consumed.

Expressing 'deep regret' over the incident, Chicken Treat released a statement saying, "Chicken Treat deeply regrets that a number of customers who yesterday visited the Blair Street store later required medical assistance. We sincerely wish all of those people affected a speedy recovery. Relevant external authorities have been contacted and Chicken Treat will fully co-operate with any inquiries those authorities determine are necessary."

Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive