1. A newborn baby's brain grows almost 3 times during the course of its first year.
2. The left side of human brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.
3. A New born baby loses about half of their nerve cells before they are born.
4. As we get older, the brain loses almost one gram per year.
5. There are about 13, 500,00 neurons in the human spinal cord.
6. The total surface area of the human brain is about 25, 000 square cm.
7. The base of the spinal cord has a cluster of nerves, which are most sensitive.
8. An average adult male brain weighs about 1375 grams.
9. An average adult female brain is about 1275 grams.
10. Only four percent of the brain's cells work while the remaining cells are kept in reserve.