2. Every second, 15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body.
3. Platelets, which form a part of the blood cell component are produced at the rate of 200 billion per day.
4. An adult human body contains five to six liters of blood and an infant has about one liter of blood.
5. Except the heart and lungs, all the other parts of the body receive their blood supply from the largest artery of the body, the aorta.
6. The Pulmonary vein is the only vein in the human body that carries oxygenated blood while all the other veins of the body carries de-oxygenated blood.
7. Human blood is colorless. It is the hemoglobin; a pigment present in the red blood cells that is responsible for the red color of the blood.
8. Heartbeat is nothing but the sound produced by the closure of valves of the heart when the blood is pushed through its chamber.
9. A women's heart beat is faster than that of a man's.
10.The human heart continues to beat even after it is taken out of the body or cut in to pieces.