11. Manner of giving notice. - The manner of giving notice under clause (b) of section 19 shall be as follows, namely:-
(1) The notice shall be, in writing in Form IV.
(2) The person giving notice may send notice to,-
(a) if the alleged offence has taken place in a Union territory:
(A) the Central Board; and
(B) the Ministry of Environment and Forests (represented by the Secretary of the Government of India);
(b) if the alleged offence has taken place in a State:
(A) the State Board; and
(B) the Government of the State (represented by the Secretary to the State Government incharge of environment); and
(C) the Ministry of Environment and Forests (represented by the Secretary to the Government of India).
(3) The notice shall be sent by registered post-acknowledgement due.
(4) The period of sixty days mentioned in clause (b) of section 19 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 shall be reckoned from the date it is first received by one of the authorities mentioned above.
(19)[12.Furnishing of information to authorities and agencies in certain cases. - Where the discharge of environmental pollutant in excess of the prescribed standard occurs or is apprehended to occur due to any accident or other unforeseen act or event, the person in charge of the place at which such discharge occurs or is apprehended to occur shall forthwith intimate the fact of such occurrence or apprehension of such occurrence to all the following authorities or agencies, namely:-
(i) The officer-in-charge of emergency or disaster relief operations in a district or other region of a State or Union territory specified by whatever designation, by the Government of the said State or Union territory, and in whose jurisdiction the industry, process or operation is located;
(ii) The Central Board or a State Board, as the case may be, and its regional officer having local jurisdiction who have been delegated powers under sections 20, 21, 23 of the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 (6 of 1974), and section 24 of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 (14 of 1981);
(iii) The Statutory authorities or agencies specified in column 3 in relation to places mentioned in column 2 against thereof of.] (20)[Schedule V]