16. Inspection. —
(1) The Executive Committee may appoint such number of Inspectors as it may deem requisite for the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) An Inspector may-
(a) inspect any institution which provides an approved course of study;
(b) attend at any approved examination;
(c) inspect any institution whose authorities have applied for the approval of its course of study or examination under this Chapter, and attend, as it may deem requisite for the purposes of this Chapter at any examination of such institution.
(3) An Inspector attending at any examination under sub-section (2) shall not interfere with the conduct of the examination, but he shall report to the Executive Committee on the sufficiency of every examination he attends and on any other matter in regard to which the Executive Committee may require him to report.
(4) The Executive Committee shall forward a copy of every such report to the authority or institution concerned, and shall also forward a copy together with any comments thereon which the said authority or institution may have made, to the Central Government and to the Government of the State in which the authority or institution is situated.
17. Information to be furnished.—(1) The Central Council shall furnish copies of its minutes and of the minutes of the Executive Committee and annual report of its activities 22[***] to the Central Government.
(2) The Central Government may publish in such manner as it may think fit any report, 23[or copy], furnished to it under this section or under section 16.
24[17A Accounts and audit.— (1) The Central Council shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statements of accounts, in accordance with such general directions as may be issued and in such form as may be specified by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Central Council shall be audited annually by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any person authorized by him in this behalf and any expenditure incurred by him or any person so authorized in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Central Council to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person authorized by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Central Council shall have the same rights and privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the audit of Government accounts, and in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books of accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers.
(4) The accounts of the Central Council as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any person authorized by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Council which shall forward the same with its comments to the Central Government.]
18. Power to make regulations.— (1) The Central Council may, with the approval of the Central Government 25[by notification in the Official Gazette,] make regulations consistent with this Act to carry out the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for-
26[(a) the management of the property of the Central Council;]
(b) the manner in which elections under this Chapter shall be conducted;
(c) the summoning and holding of meeting of the Central Council, the times and places at which such meetings shall be held, the conduct of business thereat and the number of members necessary to constitute a quorum;
(d) the functions of the Executive Committee, the summoning and holding meetings thereof, the times and places at which such meetings shall be held, and the number of members necessary to constitute a quorum;
(e) the powers and duties of the President and Vice-President;
(f) the qualifications, the term of office and the powers and duties of the 27[Registrar, Secretary], Inspectors and other officers and servants of the Central Council, including the amount and nature of the security to be furnished by the 28[Registrar or any other officer or servant].
29[(g) the manner in which the Central Register shall be maintained and given publicity;
(h) constitution and functions of the committees other than Executive Committee, the summoning and holding of meetings thereof, the time and place at which such meetings shall be held, the number of members necessary to constitute the quorum.]
(3) Until regulations are made by the Central Council under this section, the President may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, make such regulations under this section, including those to provide for the manner in which the first elections to the Central Council shall be conducted, as may be necessary for carrying into effect the provisions of this Chapter, and any regulations so made may be altered or rescinded by the Central Council in exercise of its powers under this section.
30[(4) Every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the regulation or both Houses agree that the regulation should not be made, the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that regulation.]
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Age related macular degeneration is a disease of the elderly, wherein the macula or the central ...
It is time to enjoy the cool weather with the advent of the rains. Along with fun, one should also ...
Learn the basics about diabetes and how to bring it under control with turmeric, an highly ...View All