Rehabilitation Council Act of India Act 1992
No. 34 of 1992
(1st September, 1992)
An Act to provide for the constitution of Rehabilitation Council of India for regulating the training of rehabilitation professionals and the maintenance of a Central Rehabilitation Register and for Matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
Be it enacted by Parliament in the Forty-third Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
CHAPTER I - Preliminary
Short title and Commencement
This Act may be called the Rehabilitation Council of India Act,1992 It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-
1. "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Council appointed under sub-section (3) section 3;
* visually handicapped;
* hearing handicapped ;
* suffering from locomotor disability; or
* suffering from mental retardation;
4. "hearing handicapped" means with hearing impairment of 70 decibels and above, in better ear or total loss of hearing in both ears;
1. audiologists and speech therapists; clinical psychologists;
2. hearing aid and ear mould technicians;
3. rehabilitation engineers and technicians;
4. special teachers for educating and training the handicapped;
5. vocational counselors, employment officers and placement officers dealing with handicapped;
6. multi-purpose rehabilitation therapists, technicians; or
7. such other category of professionals as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Council, notify from time to time;
14. "visually handicapped" means a persons who suffers from any of the following conditions namely -
1. total absence of sight;
2. visual acquity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200(snellen) in the better eye with the correcting lenses; or
3. limitation of the field of vision subtending and angle of degree or worse.
Any reference in this Act to any enactment or any provision thereof shall, in relation to an area in which such enactment or such provision is not in force, be construed as a reference to the corresponding law or the relevant provision of the corresponding law is any in force is that area.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All