8. Assistance to be rendered by the Appropriate Authority to the Advisory Committee.-
(1) Every meeting of the Advisory Committee shall be attended by the Appropriate Authority concerned.
(2)All secretarial and other assistance to the Advisory Committee for the discharge of its functions shall be provided by the Appropriate Authority.
(3)The Appropriate Authority shall issue the notice of meeting, agenda, notes on agenda and the minutes of the meeting, in consultation with the Chairman, subject to the provisions of Rules 5,6, 7 and 12.
9. Decisions on questions before the Advisory Committee.-
(1) The advice tendered by the Advisory Committee shall be adopted, and in the event of any difference of opinion amongst the members, the matter shall be put to vote and decided by a simple majority of the members present.
(2)The Appropriate Authority shall not have a right to vote.
(3)In the event of tie in votes, the Chairman or in his absence, the member presiding shall have a second or casting vote.
(4)The fact of any question having been decided by the process of voting instead of by adoption, shall be recorded in the minutes of that meeting of the Advisory Committee.
10. Vacancies etc. not to invalidate proceedings of the Advisory Committees.- No meeting or proceeding of the Advisory Committee shall be invalid merely by reason of-
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of the Advisory Committee; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person to be a member of the Advisory Committee; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure adopted by the Advisory Committee not affecting the merits of the case.
11. Record of proceedings of the Advisory Committee.- One set of the agenda, notes on agenda, supporting documents and minutes of every meeting of the Advisory Committee shall be authenticated by the signature of the Chairman or in his absence by the signature of the member presiding, and preserved by the Appropriate Authority as permanent records.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...
Sea food allergy is the adverse response of the body''s immune system to the proteins present in ...View All