Chapter III - The Central Coordination Committee
Nomination of State Government representatives by rotation. - The Central Government shall nominate four members - three from the State and one from the Union Territories under clause (k) of sub-section (2) of section 3 of the Act, by rotation, in such a manner so as to cover all the four regions of the country, every year.
Membership Roll. - The Member-Secretary shall keep a record of names of members and their addresses.
Change of Address - If a member changes his address, he shall notify his new address to the Member-Secretary, who shall there upon enter his new address, in the official records (but if he fails to notify his new address, the address in the official records shall for all purposes be treated as his correct address).
Daily and Travelling Allowances -
1. Non-official members of the Central Coordination Committee, resident in Delhi, shall be paid an allowance of rupees seventy five per day for each day of the actual meetings of the Central Coordination Committee.
2. Non-official members of the Central Coordination Committee, not resident in Delhi, shall be paid daily and travelling allowances for each day of the actual meetings at the highest rates admissible to a Grade I Officer of the Central Government : Provided that in case of a Member of Parliament who is also a member of the Central Coordination Committee, the said daily and travelling allowances shall be paid at the rates admissible to him as member of Parliament, when the Parliament is not in session and on production of a certificate by the member that he has not drawn any such allowance for the same journey and halts from any other government source.
3. An official member of the Central Coordination Committee shall be paid daily and travelling allowances, at the rates admissible under the relevant rules of the respective government under whom he is serving on production of a certificate by him that he has not drawn any such allowance for the same journey and halts from any other government source.
Notice of Meetings:
1. The meetings of the Central Coordination Committee shall ordinarily be held in New Delhi on such dates as may be fixed by the Chairperson: Provided that it shall meet at least once in every six months.
Presiding Officer.- The Chairperson shall preside at every meeting of the Board and in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson shall preside, but when both the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson are absent from any meeting, the members present shall elect one of the members of preside at that meeting.
1. One-third of the total members shall form the quorum for any meeting.
Minutes- (1) Record shall be kept of the names of members who attend the meeting and of the proceedings at the meeting in a book to be maintained for that purpose by the Member-Secretary.
(2) The minutes of the previous meeting shall be read at the beginning of the every succeeding meeting and shall be confirmed and signed by the presiding officer at such meeting.
(3) The proceedings shall be open to inspection by any member at the office of the Member-Secretary during office hours.
Maintaining order at meeting. - The presiding officer shall maintain order at the meeting.
Business to be transacted at meeting. - Except with the permission of the presiding officer, no business which is not entered in the agenda or of which notice has not been given by a member under sub-rule (5) of rule 11, shall be transacted at any meeting.
(1) At any meeting business shall be transacted in the order in which it is entered in the agenda, unless otherwise resolved in the meeting with the permission of the presiding officer.
(2) Either at the beginning of the meetings or after the conclusion of the debate on a motion during the meeting, the presiding officer or a member may suggest a change in the order of business as entered in the agenda and if the Chairperson agrees, such a change shall take place.
Decision by majority: All questions considered at a meeting of the committee shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in the absence of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson or in the absence of both the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson, the member presiding at the meeting, as the case may be, shall have a second or casting vote.
No proceeding to be invalid due to vacancy or any defect. - No proceeding of the Central Coordination Committee shall be invalid by reasons of existence of any vacancy in or any defect in the constitution of the Committee.