home remedies for mouth ulcer
Common Causes of Mouth ulcers
Home Remedy for Mouth ulcers
What is Mouth ulcers? A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. The first sign of the sore may be a tingling, burning sensation inside the mouth. They can occur either singly or in clusters. They are usually white or yellow in color, surrounded by red halos. Usually they heal within 7 to 10 days. There are 3 types of ulcers:
• Minor ulcers
• Large ulcers
• Nutritional deficiencies such as iron, vitamins, especially B12 and C
• Poor dental hygiene
• Food allergies
• Infections particularly herpes simplex
• Biting the cheek
• Hormonal imbalance
• Bowel disease
Grate some fresh coconut. Extract the milk and gargle with this 3-4 times a day.
Keep 1 glass of chilled water and 1 glass of hot water ready at hand. Gargle alternately with hot and cold water.
Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 cup fenugreek leaves and remove. Cover and keep for sometime. Strain the water and gargle 2-3 times a day.
Boil 1 tsp of coriander seeds in 1 cup of water. Remove when slightly warm gargle. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
Chew on 5-6 tulsi (holy basil leaves) and sip some water. Repeat 5-6 times a day.
Eating raw tomatoes helps rid mouth ulcers. Can also gargle with tomato juice 3-4 times a day.
Mix 7 parts of sugar candy (mishri) with 1 part of camphor. Apply on the blister.
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder to 1 tsp glycerine and apply.
Most Popular News on Medindia
- Compliance of Flu Vaccination for Health-Care ...General News
- Honey and Lemon are Good for CoughHealth In Focus
- Childhood Education Levels can be Boosted by ...Education News
- Shifting Precipitation Patterns Affect Tea ...Environmental Health
- Study Reveals Why Our Brain Picks Pizza Over ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Calculating the Risk of Relapse of Major ...Mental Health News
- World Polio Day 2014 – Risk of the Deadly Disease ...Health In Focus
- Ebola Vaccine to be Tested by J&J in JanuaryGeneral News
- Ebola Vaccine Made in Canada Begins 2nd Trial in ...General News
- Thermal Receipt Paper: A Potentially Significant ...General News
- Screening Tools to Detect Lung and Heart Disease ...General News
- Fujifilm to Boost Supply of Ebola DrugGeneral News
- Better Nutrition in Frozen Meals Than Quick ...Diet & Nutrition News
- US Patient Recovers from Deadly EbolaGeneral News
- Research Suggests Osteoporosis Screening ...Women Health News
- Stroke Recovery Could be Aided by Clot Dissolver ...Research News
- Olive Oil More Stable and Healthful Than Seed ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Made to Order Babies: Pick the Right Egg Donor ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- New Research Demonstrates Advances in Creating ...Research News
- Stress-related Inflammation Might Increase Risk ...Mental Health News
- Lives can be Saved by Alternate Approach to ...General News
- IPhone App can Help Doctors in Grading Eye ...News on IT in Healthc...
- Electronic 'Eye-Cane' for Enhanced Navigational ...Medical Gadgets
- World Ayurveda Conference Scheduled to Commence ...Alternative Medicine ...
- Enterovirus Claims First Victim in CanadaGeneral News