home remedies for mouth ulcer
Common Causes of Mouth ulcers
Home Remedy for Mouth ulcers
What is Mouth ulcers? A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. The first sign of the sore may be a tingling, burning sensation inside the mouth. They can occur either singly or in clusters. They are usually white or yellow in color, surrounded by red halos. Usually they heal within 7 to 10 days. There are 3 types of ulcers:
• Minor ulcers
• Large ulcers
• Nutritional deficiencies such as iron, vitamins, especially B12 and C
• Poor dental hygiene
• Food allergies
• Infections particularly herpes simplex
• Biting the cheek
• Hormonal imbalance
• Bowel disease
Grate some fresh coconut. Extract the milk and gargle with this 3-4 times a day.
Keep 1 glass of chilled water and 1 glass of hot water ready at hand. Gargle alternately with hot and cold water.
Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 cup fenugreek leaves and remove. Cover and keep for sometime. Strain the water and gargle 2-3 times a day.
Boil 1 tsp of coriander seeds in 1 cup of water. Remove when slightly warm gargle. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
Chew on 5-6 tulsi (holy basil leaves) and sip some water. Repeat 5-6 times a day.
Eating raw tomatoes helps rid mouth ulcers. Can also gargle with tomato juice 3-4 times a day.
Mix 7 parts of sugar candy (mishri) with 1 part of camphor. Apply on the blister.
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder to 1 tsp glycerine and apply.
Most Popular News on Medindia
- New Cholesterol Guidelines for Reducing Strokes ...Hypertension News
- Awareness of Risks of Postoperative Cognitive ...General News
- New Device That Allows Doctors to Listen to Gut ...Medical Gadgets
- Scientists Develop New X-ray ImagingMedical Gadgets
- West Africa Countries Will Struggle to Overcome ...General News
- Boston Marathon Bombing Caregivers Still ...Lifestyle News
- Torch That Could Help Visually Impaired to See ...Medical Gadgets
- S.Leone Ebola Doctor Dies While Experimental ...Tropical Disease News
- Exposure to Low Doses of Antibiotics Results in ...Drug News
- Efforts to Prevent Prescription Drug Misuse ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Women Seek Anti-aging Clinicians to Treat ...Women Health News
- Long-Term Heart Transplant Recipients can Safely ...Organ Donation News
- Hidden Genetic Landscape Revealed in a New MethodGeneral News
- Ebola Experimental Drug Approval: WHO Allows ...Drug News
- WHO Hosts a Meeting on Experimental Ebola Drug ...General News
- Seaweed Extracts Make Up for a New Treatment for ...Health In Focus
- Normal Memory Development Influenced by A Gene ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- US Computing Giant Intel to Use 'Big Data' to ...Research News
- Fukushima Radiation Caused Serious Damage to ...Environmental Health
- Discussion of Ebola Drug by Tekmira Lab With WHOTropical Disease News
- Health Minster of India Supports MedscapeIndia ...General News
- Almonds Associated With Reduced Inflammation in ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Dangerous Sepsis in Animal Models Controlled ...Research News
- Growing Global Virus Threat Brought to the Fore ...General News
- Excess Salt Linked to 1.65 Million Deaths Per ...Diet & Nutrition News