home remedies for mouth ulcer
Common Causes of Mouth ulcers
Home Remedy for Mouth ulcers
What is Mouth ulcers? A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. The first sign of the sore may be a tingling, burning sensation inside the mouth. They can occur either singly or in clusters. They are usually white or yellow in color, surrounded by red halos. Usually they heal within 7 to 10 days. There are 3 types of ulcers:
• Minor ulcers
• Large ulcers
• Nutritional deficiencies such as iron, vitamins, especially B12 and C
• Poor dental hygiene
• Food allergies
• Infections particularly herpes simplex
• Biting the cheek
• Hormonal imbalance
• Bowel disease
Grate some fresh coconut. Extract the milk and gargle with this 3-4 times a day.
Keep 1 glass of chilled water and 1 glass of hot water ready at hand. Gargle alternately with hot and cold water.
Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 cup fenugreek leaves and remove. Cover and keep for sometime. Strain the water and gargle 2-3 times a day.
Boil 1 tsp of coriander seeds in 1 cup of water. Remove when slightly warm gargle. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
Chew on 5-6 tulsi (holy basil leaves) and sip some water. Repeat 5-6 times a day.
Eating raw tomatoes helps rid mouth ulcers. Can also gargle with tomato juice 3-4 times a day.
Mix 7 parts of sugar candy (mishri) with 1 part of camphor. Apply on the blister.
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder to 1 tsp glycerine and apply.
Most Popular News on Medindia
- Ebola Toll in West Africa Hits 603Tropical Disease News
- Cardiovascular Mortality Lowest Among Overweight ...Obesity News
- Potassium Supplements may Increase Survival in ...Drug News
- Expert International Group Issues Statement for ...Medical Gadgets
- Lean Beef Helps Lower Blood PressureDiet & Nutrition News
- Gastric Vulnerability ExploitedGeneral News
- Fish Oil Supplements Can Cut Cognitive Decline, ...Mental Health News
- Physical and Mental Activity may Prevent ...Research News
- Arsenic in Rice, Rice-based Foods Can Seriously ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Dutch Art Heist Costs 18 Mn Euros to RomaniansLifestyle News
- Governments Agree to Follow New Food Standards to ...Drug News
- Study Shows How Stress Leads to ObesityObesity News
- Early Detection of Alzheimer's may be Possible ...Research News
- Targeted Drug Delivery to Alleviate Pulmonary ...Drug News
- Tackling Haiti Cholera is UN's 'Moral ...Tropical Disease News
- Terminator-style 'Squishy' Robots, Coming SoonMedical Gadgets
- Immune Response of Asian Elephants Infected With ...Environmental Health
- New PLAC Test To Risk Stratify Your Cardiac ...Health In Focus
- Philippine Bishops Agree For Use of Marijuana in ...Drug News
- Duck-Billed Dinosaurs’ Footprints Discovered in ...Environmental Health
- Dark Chocolate Helps Artery Disease Patients ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Hand Hygiene Among Health-care Workers Improved ...Hospital News
- Hepatitis C Virus Transmission Following ...General News
- Slow Metabolism Results from a Combination of ...Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure Requires Adequate DiagnosisGeneral News