1. Are Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide the same?
Yes : 78 No : 90
2. Euthanasia is never ethically justified
Strongly agree : 30 Agree : 20 Neutral : 30 Strongly disagree : 33 Disagree : 55
3. The principal moral consideration about euthanasia is the question of whether the person freely chooses to die or not.
Strongly agree : 64 Agree : 61 Neutral : 26 Strongly disagree : 13
4. There are some situations in which euthanasia should be legal
Strongly agree : 93 Agree : 25 Neutral : 17 Strongly disagree : 15 Disagree : 18
5. There are some situations in which I would be willing to participate in euthanasia
Strongly agree : 50 Agree : 47 Neutral : 34 Strongly disagree : 32
6. Assisted Suicide is never ethically justified
Strongly agree : 33 Agree : 16 Neutral : 35 Strongly disagree : 34 Disagree : 50
7. There are some situations in which Assisted Suicide should be legal
Strongly agree : 55 Agree : 47 Neutral : 25 Strongly disagree : 21 Disagree : 20
8. Animals are put to sleep when they are suffering. We should do the same for humans - do you agree?
Strongly agree : 59 Agree : 34 Neutral : 25 Strongly disagree : 23 Disagree : 27
9. Is Physician Assisted Suicide morally justified?
Strongly agree : 36 Agree : 47 Neutral : 39 Strongly disagree : 26 Disagree : 20
10. There should be
A law-allowing physician assisted suicide : 80 A law-prohibiting physician assisted suicide : 33 No law, leave it to physician-patient relationship : 34 No law, medical profession should provide guidelines : 21
11. In the course of your medical practice, has a patient ever asked you to hasten his/her death?
Had been asked to hasten death : 48 Had not been asked to hasten death : 120
12. If a terminally ill patient asked me to bring an end to his or her life, I would consider doing so if it were legal.
Strongly agree : 45 Agree : 51 Undecided : 30 Strongly disagree : 29 Disagree : 13
13. Do you think that euthanasia should be legalized in India?
Strongly agree : 38 Agree : 40 Undecided : 55 Strongly disagree : 22 Disagree : 13
14. If someone is surviving because of a life support machine, who do you think should decide when/whether the machine is turned off?
Patient : 87 Family or relatives : 62 The physician : 19
15. Do you think that people should be allowed to make a living will?
Yes : 124 No : 13 Can't say : 31
16. Do you think the government will pass a bill saying that Euthanasia with the patient's consent should be legalized?
Yes : 71 No : 36 Can't say : 61
|15 - 25 yrs||123|
|26 - 35 yrs||17|
|36 - 50 yrs||16|
|51 - 60 yrs||5|
|Above 60 yrs||7|
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Yellow fever is a hemorrhagic fever that is transmitted by infected mosquitoes and it can lead to ...
Routes of drug administration play a major role in a medical treatment. Selecting a right route of ...
Spinal anesthesia and epidural anesthesia are types of regional anesthesia in which when a drug is ...View All