Virtua Voorhees Hospital is Moving to a New Location
See first-hand the choreography of moving patients
WHAT: Anyone who has moved from one home to another knows that it is a monumental task. Multiply those logistics by several thousand and you might have just a small glimpse of what it takes to move a hospital.
The Virtua team has been planning the move from the original hospital on Evesham Road to its new hospital along Route 73 for 2 1/2 years. Virtua's in-house Management Engineering team designed a plan that will transfer patients smoothly and safely.
Using internal resources saved Virtua more than $1 million in consulting fees, an expense that most hospitals must incur for a move of this magnitude. Planned with minimal disruption to patients, employees and the public, the process is fine-tuned to the point that the move will be safely completed in a single day with both locations capable of handling incoming emergencies during the transition.
WHEN: Sunday, May 22, 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Media is invited to observe the move and will have limited opportunity to speak with patients. There will also be opportunity to speak with Virtua leadership about the move process.
WHERE: MOVE FROM:Virtua Voorhees (Evesham Road)101 Carnie BoulevardVoorhees, NJ 08043
MOVE TO:Virtua Voorhees (Dutchtown Road) NEW SITE100 Bowman DriveVoorhees, NJ 08043
GUIDELINES: Please adhere to the GUIDELINES listed below:
- We request that you RSVP if you plan to cover the move. This should be done by the end of the day on Friday, May 20.
- Media is invited to cover the move between the hours of 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. These are the hours of the most activity and you should be able to obtain optimum photos, film and information.
- When you arrive on either campus, you will be directed to a parking area designated for media. Please proceed directly to the Media Registration area upon your arrival where you will be given a press badge and will meet the Virtua representative who will escort you through the process.
- You can choose to observe at either or both locations. However, you will still need to register at both sites upon arrival.
- There will be no inside access at the original hospital on Evesham Road. There will be minimal access at the new hospital but no tours. Plans are in place to identify several patients who would be willing to be interviewed about the experience. The interviews will take place at the new hospital site.
- Each media outlet will be assigned a Virtua escort. Please inform your escort if you would like to interview a patient and/or a hospital executive.
BACKGROUND: Virtua --- among the largest healthcare providers in New Jersey --- will open one of the nation's most innovative hospitals, designed with a focus on quality, safety, technology and an outstanding patient experience.
This $463 million, 368-bed hospital will transform health care in South Jersey and the region. Virtua Voorhees has been the largest construction project in South Jersey during the past several years and created 2,800 jobs during construction -- a critically important lifeline for the economy in the region.
Please visit the website at www.virtua.org for more information on the new hospital and all Virtua locations.
Peggy Leone Director, Media Relations(856) 355-0821(cell) 856-912-8827
Mike BurkhartProject Manager-Media Relations(856) 355-0801(cell) 215-287-7033
/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- May 12, 2011/
SOURCE Virtua Health