Vigilan Expands Continuing Education Courses to Provide Certification Licensing for Assisted Living Administrators
PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Vigilan, provider of software for better senior living, announced today 10 new continuing education courses for assisted living community administrators. These courses—developed and taught by Christian Mason, chairman and CEO of Vigilan, nationally certified leader in assisted living training, and developer of the first national licensing exam—are certified for assisted living administrator licensing in 16 states. The curriculum includes courses on managing client and residential services, human resources, leadership and governance, physical environment, and finances. Available through Provider Management Educations Services at http://www.ceusite.com/, the courses are approved by the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators (NAB), endorsed by ACHCA (American College of Health Care Administrators) and recommended by NCAL (National Center for Assisted Living).
"Continuing education is critical in order to stay up-to-speed on the latest methods and regulations, so we have created a range of curriculum for administrators to remain responsible, innovative, and responsive," said Doug Fullaway, president and COO of Vigilan. "We work with hundreds of assisted living communities and know what is required to provide the best, quality care. By helping facilities streamline their operations and finances, making them more efficient and ethically responsible, facilities can put their primary focus on the people."
Vigilan courses are certified for licensing in the following states: Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington. Participants earn 10 continuing education credits per training course; each is offered in both introductory and advanced formats:
- Client/Residential Services Management: The greatest challenge is caring for the residents and ensuring that they thrive. Learn how to create a lively, happy and productive community where the focus is on living life to its fullest. Learn methods how to minimize the effects of institutionalization by working to overcome routines.
- Human Resources Management: The administrator may wear many hats but should always be responsive to and responsible for the employees. Learn how to maintain morale in order to recruit, train, and retain good employees while managing a wage and salary program.
- Leadership and Governance: Understand and practice sound management skills, by learning how to organize resources and finances. Learn about industry issues including federal, state, and local regulations.
- Physical Environment: Ensure that your community is safe, clean, and emergency ready. The grounds, building and equipment make up the environment in which all services are housed and must meet high standards. Learn how to manage and streamline these processes to make sure all is within compliance.
- Financial Management: Learn how to ensure that resources are used effectively and reasonably. Learn how to streamline operational finances and increase revenue by putting a sound organizational structure in place.
Christian Mason brings extensive experience in operations for Assisted Living Facilities. He is a founding member of the Oregon Assisted Living Facilities Association, served on the faculty of the first national training program for Assisted Living, and served as editor of the first national preparatory course for assisted living. Chris received his MBA from Whittemore School of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire.
Vigilan is the leading operational management systems company for independent living, assisted living and dementia care providers who need an easier way to improve the quality of care and to profitably manage their business. Unlike other systems providers, Vigilan offers an adaptive system that can accommodate the variety of state regulations and individual facility requirements. Core to the company's operational excellence suite of products is the Administrator that, on average, increases revenue by $150 per resident per month. To learn more visit us online at http://www.vigilan.com.