LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --Diabetes Drugs Market serves as one of the main topics of this report. With more
than 27 Million diabetes patients in the US, it represented the world's third largest diabetes patient pool in 2016. The prevailing cases of diabetes are largely due to rising obesity levels and an increasing aging population. It has been found in the
report that more than half of the US population is either obese or overweight which is mainly due to their sedentary lifestyles, physical inactivities and unhealthy eating habits. Furthermore, the aging population in the US has been on the rise since the 1960's. Here are some key findings of the study:
- People aged 65 years and above accounted for around 9% of the total population in 1960 while in 2016, this age group accounted for around 15% of the entire US population.
- Driven by rising incidences of diabetes and the fact that the US has one of the highest per capita healthcare expenditures, the US market for diabetes drugs has grown at a CAGR of around 13.3% during 2009-2016, reaching a value of US$ 32,783 Million in 2016.
- The report has provided analysis of the population and prevalence rates of diabetes on the basis of type, region, gender and age group. The report finds that compared to Type-1 diabetes, Type-2 diabetes represents the more prevalent type, accounting for the majority of all diagnosed diabetes cases.
- Based on regions, urban areas currently consist of the majority of the diabetes patients as compared to rural areas.
- Based on gender, females presently account for the majority of the total diabetes patients.
- In terms of age groups, the age group 40-59 currently accounts for the majority of the total diabetes patients in the US followed by the age group 60-79 and 20-39.
Some Key Segments of the Study:
- The report has further segmented the US diabetes market according to drug types. The market currently consists of insulin and oral anti-diabetics, with insulin accounting for the majority of the total sales.
- For each of the two drug types, the report has also provided historical market trends, market breakup by class, key players and market outlook.
- On the basis of class, Long Acting Insulin represent the biggest class in the insulin market while DPP-IV inhibitors represent the biggest class in the oral anti-diabetics market.
- This report provides an analytical and statistical insight into the US diabetes market.
- The report provides both current and future trends in the prevalence, demographical breakup, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes in the United States.
About ReportbuyerReportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishershttp://www.reportbuyer.com For more information: Sarah Smith Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com Email: [email protected] Tel: +44 208 816 85 48 Website: www.reportbuyer.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-diabetes-drugs-market-reached-133-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300457712.html