U.S. Chamber Inducts PCMA President & CEO Mark Merritt to its Committee of Top Trade Assoc. Executives
Merritt joins Nick Calio, Gov. Mark Parkinson, Joe McClain, Scott Melville, Steven Wechsler & Paul Andrews in the 'Association Committee of 100'
WASHINGTON, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has welcomed Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) President and CEO Mark Merritt into its elite "Association Committee of 100," which includes America's top trade association executives.
Committee members recommend Chamber policy on association-related issues, propose programming, foster networking and collaboration, and encourage involvement in Chamber activities. The U.S. Chamber is the world's largest business federation representing the interests of more than three million businesses and organizations of every size, sector, and region.
"I'm honored to be included and look forward to working with so many accomplished executives," said Merritt.
Other new members to the committee include:
- Nick Calio, President and CEO, Air Transport Association of America
- Gov. Mark Parkinson, President and CEO, American Health Care Association
- Joe McClain, President, Beer Institute
- Scott Melville, President and CEO, Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Paul Andrews, President and CEO, Western Stock Show Association
- Steven Wechsler, President and CEO, National Association of Real Estate
PCMA represents the nation's pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), which improve affordability and quality of care through the use of electronic prescribing (e-prescribing), generic alternatives, mail-service pharmacies, and other innovative tools for 200-plus million Americans.
Follow PCMA on Twitter.
SOURCE Pharmaceutical Care Management Association