Tweet All About It -- Sutter Health's Online Annual Report Goes Mobile
SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Like one of the 15 videos on Sutter Health's 2010 Online Annual Report? Through a new mobile-friendly format, which is automatically detected by your device, you can now instantly send it to your Twitter followers, post it on Facebook or share on other popular social sites. Sutter Health's mobile version of its online annual report is the latest way the not-for-profit network is providing instant access to information for patients and consumers on the go.
Studies show that growing numbers of consumers use smartphones to watch videos, read articles, browse the web and share content with their friends. In fact, over the past nine months, more than 290,000 visitors to www.SutterHealth.org accessed the site via a smartphone or tablet.
As a national leader in the growing trend toward virtual, interactive reporting, Sutter Health began producing an online annual report in 2007, when few organizations were presenting annual report data through online, interactive channels. Changing from a print to an online publication increases readership and conserves natural resources. It's estimated that Sutter's 2010 Online Annual Report will spare nearly 14 trees, save nearly 6,000 gallons of wastewater flow and avoid production of more than 1,300 pounds of greenhouse gases.
Sutter Health's fully ADA-compliant annual report electronically shares the network's key achievements from the past year, including:
- Investing in Lifesaving Care | Making it a priority to reduce hospital-acquired infections such as central line infections, ventilator-associated pneumonia and sepsis, from 2007 to 2010, Sutter Health's patient safety efforts have prevented more than 500 infections and reduced care costs by nearly $43 million.
- An App for That | Patients gained mobile access to their My Health Online account, which hosts access to electronic medical records and secure e-messaging with physicians for more than 400,000 patients. The My Chart app is offered for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- On Solid Ground | In 2010, the Sutter Health network invested more than $850 million to fund lifesaving technology across our system and earthquake safety-related hospital construction projects in Oakland, Castro Valley, Burlingame, Santa Rosa and Sacramento.
- Investing in Employees | Sutter Health's Board of Directors approved a $120 million investment into the Sutter Health Retirement Plan, keeping the pension plan fully funded for more than 40,000 active and retired employees.
- Mission in Action | In 2010, the Sutter Health network of physician organizations, hospitals and other health care providers invested $751 million in health care programs, services and benefits for the poor and underserved and broader community
To view the "2010 Report to Our Communities," visit www.SutterHealth.org/annualreport.
About Sutter Health
Serving patients and their families in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns, Sutter Health doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers share resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access. The Sutter Medical Network includes many of California's top-performing, highest quality physician organizations as measured annually by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Sutter-affiliated hospitals are regional leaders in cardiac care, women's and children's services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
For more information about the not-for-profit Sutter Health network, please visitwww.SutterHealth.org | www.Facebook.com/SutterHealth | www.YouTube.com/SutterHealth | www.Twitter.com/SutterHealth
SOURCE Sutter Health