Transitions® SOLFX™ Sunwear Summer Sun Essential for Outdoor Sports and Recreation
PINELLAS PARK, Fla., July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Transitions® SOLFX™ sunwear is quickly becoming a must-have among outdoor enthusiasts and athletes and Transitions Optical is ramping up for the high-intensity summer season with an expanded product line. The company has partnered with other leading brands to create prescription and non-prescription sunwear optimized for specific outdoor sports and activities. The lens colors and unique features of each product are specifically designed to improve visual performance.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/transitions/44956/
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100709/MM31689 )
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100709/MM31689 )
"Transitions SOLFX lenses can take you from dawn to dusk, throughout all your favorite outdoor activities, without having to take sunglasses on and off as the sunlight changes," said Grady Lenski, global director, Transitions sunwear.
Transitions SOLFX sunwear uses state-of-the-art photochromic technology from Transitions Optical to automatically self-adjust – and optimize lens darkness – in changing sunlight. The lenses are compatible with nearly any frame style and brand name and are available primarily through eyecare professionals and retail locations. Available products include:
- Oakley® Transitions® SOLFX™ sunwear enhances visual performance and is tested and worn by members of the Team Garmin-Transitions professional cycling team.
- Drivewear® Transitions® SOLFX™ polarized lenses react to both visible and UV light to self-adjust even behind the windshield of the car for optimal vision while driving.
- Bell® Transitions® SOLFX™ motorcycle visors are worn by top racers like Josh Herrin, and change from clear to dark.
- SHIELD Tech™ Transitions® SOLFX™ motorcycle visors change from clear to dark for day and night use.
Pro golfers Kenny Perry and Trevor Immelman enjoy the benefits of Transitions® adaptive lenses both on an off the course; reaffirming why Transitions® lenses are the official eyewear of the PGA TOUR®.
- DEFINITY FAIRWAY™ Transitions® SOLFX™ progressive sun lenses are specifically designed for golfers who need both near and distance correction.
- Oakley® Transitions® SOLFX™ specifically designed to enhance visual performance while playing sports like golf.
- NEOX® Transitions® SOLFX™ designed to provide improved vision on the golf course. NEOX lenses are currently the exclusive lenses featured in Callaway® Eyewear.
- Autumn Gold™ Transitions® SOLFX™ lenses are specifically designed to enhance contrast and improve clarity of images in cloudy, foggy or very bright outdoor environments.
- iRx Xperio® Transitions® SOLFX™ polarized lens are perfect for running, hiking, cycling and water sports activities.
About Transitions Optical
Transitions Optical's family of products includes everyday lenses, designed to be worn indoors and darken outdoors, and performance lenses, designed to be worn outdoors in place of sun lenses. Transitions everyday lenses adapt to light to provide more comfortable vision while protecting eyes from UV. Transitions performance lenses include the company's sunwear line, Transitions® SOLFX™ sun lenses, which enhance visual performance in specific outdoor activities by adapting to optimize color and darkness in changing light conditions.
For more information, visit Transitions.com or TransitionsSOLFX.com, or contact Transitions Optical Customer Service at (800) 848-1506 (United States) or (877) 254-2590 (Canada).