UTICA, N.Y., Oct. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Zogby Analytics conducted a nationwide online survey of adults in the
US, a subset of adults who have had a massage in the past year as well as a survey of massage therapists on a range of massage related questions. The following are some key findings from the survey.
Overall, the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) is the #1 choice for adults, those who have had a massage in the past year, as well as massage professionals in terms of overall impression, credibility, respect and having the best trained and educated therapists. On topics such as respectability, credibility, trust and networking, AMTA is better perceived than the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) by large margins, both among consumers and therapists.
- AMTA remains the most trusted name in massage therapy by a ratio of more than 5-1 amongst adults who have had a massage in the past year.
- Consumers who have had a massage in the past year prefer their MT to be a part of AMTA 4-1 over ABMP.
- AMTA is a clear leader in credibility and respectability among adults who have had a massage in the past year. Response rates for both attributes came back with a 6-1 and 4-1 AMTA advantage, respectively, over ABMP.
- Consumers who have had a massage in the past year utilize AMTA as their information source 2-1 over the nearest competitor.
- When consumers who have had a massage in the past year were asked which professional association/organization provides the most comprehensive information and resources to help select a qualified massage therapist, AMTA was chosen at least 3-1 over any other resource.
- 73% of adults who have had a massage in the past year believe that their massage therapist should be required to take continuing education in order to keep their license
- Being Board Certified is important to overwhelming majorities of adults (88%) and adults who have had a massage in the past year (88%).
Massage Therapists' Perspective:
The second part of the survey involved practicing massage therapists, including therapists affiliated with AMTA, ABMP, Massage Magazine Insurance plus, and those that are not affiliated with any major associations or insurance providers. Questions were asked about their attitudes toward the massage therapy industry in general and different massage therapy organizations.
- On the issue of credibility, AMTA is favored 3-1 by massage therapists compared to ABMP. The results are very similar when respectability is compared. AMTA is chosen by a 2-1 ratio of massage therapists over ABMP.
- Massage therapists named AMTA the most trusted name in massage therapy.
- AMTA is a favored choice for a majority of massage therapists when searching for information about massage.
- A vast majority (96%) of practicing massage therapists believe that it is important that a professional massage association provides financial support for scientific research on the benefits and efficacy of massage therapy.
- An overwhelming majority (98%) of surveyed massage therapists think that it is important that a professional massage association/organization gives back to the massage profession.
- Surveyed massage therapists consider AMTA as the leader in the massage therapy profession.
- A strong majority (84%) of practicing massage therapists think that massage therapists should be required to take continuing education in order to keep their license.
- In terms of networking – 43% of practicing massage therapists believe that AMTA offers the best access to networking opportunities, compared to just 4% who says the same thing for ABMP.
- AMTA is very positively perceived among professionals as 88% of survey respondents have a positive overall impression. Even among non-members this number is very high (82%).
Zogby Analytics Zogby Analytics provides custom research and insight to leaders of businesses and communities, as well as to individuals. Whether you need results right away, or you need help determining your research objectives, Zogby Analytics will help. We have the experience and the tools to bring you the most reliable research-based solutions. Based on our four decades of Independent polling and research, our advanced data collection and analysis will deliver you the data you need.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-zogby-poll-amta-is-the-leading-massage-therapy-organization-300533251.html
SOURCE Zogby Analytics