Ten Secrets for Getting High Quality Plastic Surgery at More Affordable Prices
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 28 With modern advances in medical science technology, and with a vastly changed economy, plastic surgery is now commonly affordable for the middle class. As in any other business, a savvy customer can easily find bargain prices without compromising quality. Here are a few pointers to help turn you into a savvy plastic surgery customer. The complete version of this article an be found at http://drsimoni.com/wordpress/
1. Don't be afraid to ask for a discount. This is the first lesson in life. "If you do not ask you will not get." Most plastic surgeons assign the financial discussions with their patients to their office managers, but the surgeons are the main decision makers. Politely ask your surgeon if you can get a better fee.
2. Plastic Surgery is seasonal. September and December are considered quiet season for plastic surgery. Planning your procedure during these times may enhance your chances of getting a better deal.
3. Get a few bids. Go to more than one consult so you get a better feel for how much your desired procedure could cost. You might be able to use the competition as a bargaining chip. Make sure you compare apples with apples. Be sure to identify each procedure by its medical name so that an accurate comparison can be made.
4. Go with your friends. Go with a couple of your friends that might be interested in the same procedure. Your plastic surgeon may be more inclined to lower the fees when he or she foresees multiple patients.
5. Look for newly relocated doctors. Though it's rare, a good plastic surgeon relocates and has to look for new patients. That doctor is more inclined to lower his fees at his or her new location. Do background checks to make sure he or she is a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon. Cosmetic surgeons do not have the same training as plastic surgeons.
6. Check the operating room. The operating room cost is a significant portion of your procedure's fees. A doctor who has his or her own operating room is more able to reduce the fee to you. Make sure the operating room is accredited.
7. Go to a heavily populated plastic surgery area. Despite what you may expect, you can often get better deals in areas like Beverly Hills than you can in remote areas.
8. Go to a specialist. Specialists are best trained, equipped and experienced to perform right the first time, thus offering greater odds of avoiding very costly revisions. I have had to charge double for the revision rhinoplasties when other, inexperienced doctors had done some damage.
9. Try to book your surgery the same day you have your consult. Suggest a reduced fee for booking your surgery the same day you have your consultation. Every doctor knows that once you leave the office there's a chance you may not come back.
10. Avoid anesthesia if possible. Anesthesia carries a risk as well as a high expense. A good number of plastic surgeries can be done comfortably without the need for anesthesia. Make sure your doctor is comfortable performing your procedure without anesthesia. It's a skill of its own and not shared by all surgeons. I do over 90% of my surgeries comfortably without the need for anesthesia.
Dr. Payman Simoni is a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, and a Rhinoplasty and Facial Cosmetic Specialist, practicing in Beverly Hills, CA. His website is at: http://www.drsimoni.com/
SOURCE Dr. Payman Simoni
You May Also Like