SHAPE Bikini Body Tour Hits the Santa Monica Sand in Style
NEW YORK, May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for beach season, SHAPE, the #1 women's active lifestyle magazine, is excited to announce its third annual "Bikini Body Tour." SHAPE will once again hit the sexiest beaches with exhilarating fitness classes, summer fashion shows, interactive beauty cabanas, product-packed gift bags and so much more! The first (and hottest) stop on the tour is Santa Monica Beach, CA on Saturday, May 21. SHAPE cover model Kourtney Kardashian will also be on hand for a cover signing from 12:30-1:30 pm -- Get ready to hit the sand in style!
"The Bikini Body Tour" is dedicated to helping women get bikini-ready with fun-filled fitness classes lead by Equinox® Group Fitness Instructors! The variety of heart-pumping routines range from cardio and revitalizing yoga classes to full body conditioning and calorie burning dance instruction. Highlights include:
- Practice your sun salutation in the best place -- on the beach! Ride the Vinyasa Wave Yoga with an energizing flow set to contemporary beats and crashing waves to restore you for a great day at the beach.
- Sexy Surfer Workout is a nonstop circuit that targets all the muscle groups that surfing hits and will help you score the body of a surfer without catching a single wave.
- A fun and easy-to-follow cardio dance routine combining hip-hop and jazz for a sweaty sunshine-filled Beach Party Dance Jam.
After you get your workout on, head over to SHAPE's runway and check out the hottest looks for summer in an exclusive all-day fashion show hosted by SHAPE's fabulous editors. Plus, try your luck at games and visit SHAPE's beach cabanas for the latest trends and products in beauty, fitness and more!
Some of the exciting activities that will be going on during the tour from the fabulous sponsors include:
- A "Make Your Own Havaianas®" booth where tour-goers can customize their own color combinations of flip flops and can also have their photo taken for an onsite contest, with the top 3 being featured on SHAPE.com.
- Discover useful health tips to match your own active lifestyle at the Wrigley's EXTRA® tent and stand a chance to win personalized fitness packages.
- A custom swimsuit fashion show from Special K®, featuring red-clad suits that work for different body types along with samples of their tasty treats.
- A bar lounge from Michelob Ultra® for some refreshments and relaxation after working up a sweat.
- Live, on-site expert nutrition and fitness tips from TV Host Dayna Devon and SENSA® Fit Trainer Jason Estrada
Go to http://www.BikiniBodyTour.com to pre-register for classes. Each class is only $10 and everyone that pre-registers will receive a deluxe swag bag! Can't make the May 21st tour stop? Next stop on the Bikini Body Tour will be South Beach on June 4th!
SHAPE is proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds from the Bikini Body Tour will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation.
For more bikini body fun, check out Equinox® Fitness Clubs during the month of May. Equinox® will host SHAPE Bikini Body classes at their clubs nationwide. Go to http://www.BikiniBodyTour.com for complete details and to find an Equinox® location near you.
Bikini Body Tour Partners:
Special K®, Havaianas®, Playtex®, Wrigley's Extra®, SENSA®, Michelob Ultra®, Equinox®
SHAPE, the global leader in the active lifestyle category, provides today's woman with inspiring, straight-talking editorial to enrich her mind and body. SHAPE is published by Weider Publications, Inc., the most influential publisher of the world's leading health, fitness and active lifestyle magazine brands. Log on to http://www.SHAPE.com for the latest in fitness, beauty and fashion.
Equinox Fitness Clubs operates 51 upscale, full-service facilities in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Florida, Dallas, D.C., Boston and San Francisco. The company offers an integrated selection of Equinox-branded programs, services and products, including strength and cardio training, group fitness classes, personal training, spa services and products, apparel and food/juice bars. Since its inception in 1991, Equinox has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
About The Skin Cancer Foundation:
The Skin Cancer Foundation is the only global organization solely devoted to the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer. The mission of the Foundation is to decrease the incidence of skin cancer through public and professional education and research. For more information, visit www.SkinCancer.org.
SOURCE SHAPE Magazine