NEW YORK, May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
SuccessfulStrategies for Drug Repositioning in our store
Features and benefits
* Analyze and understand the strategies employed in the most successful examples of drug repositioning.
* Discover the key technologies required to establish potential repositioning opportunities.
* Identify the specialist service providers with expertise in the key technologies required to systematically identify repositioning candidates.
* Discover how through repositioning a company can protect its intellectual property.
* Analyze the potential impact that drug repositioning can have on both large pharma companies and small specialist companies.
The pharma industry's revenue growth is low and it is failing to introduce sufficient new drugs to offset the impact of patent expirations despite record R&D costs. Repurposing of drugs offers a lower risk, lower cost, approach to new product development. Repurposing of development failures can recover what would otherwise be lost R&D expenditure.
The potential commercial benefits from successful repositioning of a drug are likely to be greater than those offered by simple reformulation, and offers opportunities for extended periods of market exclusivity via the granting of additional patents.
Major companies are well positioned to benefit from the successful repurposing of drugs, especially when they utilize both internal resources and external resources. The effective application of repurposing technologies should enable major companies to significantly enhance their development pipelines.
Your Key questions answered
* What are the current advantages of repositioning over other lower risk approaches to drug development?
* What are the key technologies being used to identify new targets for molecules in companies' databases?
* How does drug repositioning improve the intellectual property position of companies that employ this strategy?
* What skills and platforms do specialist companies engaged in drug repositioning possess?
* How have molecules such as sildenafil and thalidomide been repositioned successfully?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Lower Risk Strategies
Chapter 3 What is Repositioning?
Chapter 4 Strategic Approaches to Repositioning
Chapter 5 Successful case studies
Chapter 6 Current Efforts
Chapter 7 Specialist Companies
Chapter 8 Outlook
About the author
The decline in approvals of novel chemical entities
The costs, and risks, of drug development
Lower Risk Strategies
What is Repositioning?
Intellectual property issues
Design or serendipity?
Strategic Approaches to Repositioning
Exploiting intellectual property
Increased licensing opportunities
Successful case studies
sildenafil (Viagra and Revatio)
Drugs in advanced development
Repurposing by combination
Ore Pharmaceutical Holdings
Impact on major companies
Impact for specialist companies
To order this report:
Drug and Medication Industry: Successful Strategies for Drug Repositioning in our store
Drug and Medication Business News
More áMarket Research Report
Check our áCompany Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Learn the basics about diabetes and how to bring it under control with turmeric, an highly ...
Antioxidants are artificial or natural components that help protect the human body from the damage ...
Angiogenesis is the process of formation of new blood vessels from pre-existing blood vessels. It ...View All