NEW YORK, May 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
R&DTrends: Insulin Antidiabetics - The future is analogs
Features and benefits
* Comprehensive analysis of the current insulin antidiabetic pipeline including both reformulations of marketed insulins and novel analog products.
* Establish the minimum acceptable and target product profiles necessary for success in the insulins market
* Assess future directions in insulin therapies in diabetes.
* Provide insight into clinical trial design and trends in insulin antidiabetics
The insulin pipeline consists of 26 clinical trial candidates, of which 20 are in Phase I or Phase II development. Small manufacturers are developing reformulations of human insulin to improve delivery or pharmacological profile, while major insulin players are focusing entirely on analog insulins and combinations.
Comparator insulins Lantus, NovoRapid, and Novomix are well accepted in the market, but pipeline products can target unmet needs associated with clinical safety and side effects, particularly by reducing hypoglycemia and reducing weight gain.
A key future trend in insulin use is the growing utilization of technology: sophisticated pen injectors are replacing traditional vial and syringe delivery, and the use of insulin pumps to deliver a calibrated dose regime is growing.
Your key questions answered
* Datamonitor's updated, comprehensive overview of the diabetes pipeline.
* Assess the remaining market opportunities and barriers to uptake for novel insulin therapies and formulations.
* Identify clinical trial requirements and trends in insulin antidiabetics.
To order this report:
: R&D Trends: Insulin Antidiabetics - The future is analogs
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Contact Nicolas BombourgReportlinkerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgUS: (805)652-2626
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!