Reportlinker Adds Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Socio-Demographic and Economic Overview : Rising Healthcare Costs Coupled with the Economic Downturn Continue to Shape the Healthcare Landscape
NEW YORK, May 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 – Socio-Demographic and Economic Overview : Rising healthcare costs coupled with the economic downturn continue to shape the healthcare landscape
Aging populations, the growing prevalence of chronic disease, greater use of expensive treatments, and expanding public healthcare coverage in markets such as the US are stretching existing healthcare resources. Healthcare payers are also feeling the impact of the global economic downturn through reduced funding via taxation as a result of rising unemployment.
Features and benefits
* An overview of demographic trends in developed and emerging markets
* Analysis of disease burden in developed and emerging markets
* Insight into the economic trends in developed and developing markets
* Summary of measures taken by governments to reduce healthcare costs
The increasingly aging global population, changing dietary habits toward a Western-style diet are key risk factors driving up the prevalence of chronic diseases Nevertheless, earlier intervention, as well as improvements in diagnosis and treatments, is helping to reduce mortality rates in a number of these diseases In the developed markets.
Aging populations and declining numbers of people of working age are stretching public healthcare budgets, an issue that is exacerbated as a result of the global economic downturn. Consequently, a number of countries have or plan to introduce a number of strategies to offset this.
Government cost containment measures such as reducing healthcare budgets (at least in real terms) and implementing pricing and reimbursement cuts, as well as bolstering generic uptake, together with the increasingly tough regulatory environment are already having a negative impact on the pharmaceutical industry
Your key questions answered
* Evaluate key socio-demographic factors driving healthcare expenditure in both developed and emerging markets
* Gain insight into how the economic downturn has impacted the healthcare landscape
* Review the cost-containment measures implemented by governments in developed markets and how these impact the pharma industry
To order this report:
Managed care Industry: Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 – Socio-Demographic and Economic Overview : Rising healthcare costs coupled with the economic downturn continue to shape the healthcare landscape
Managed care Business News
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Nicolas BombourgReportlinkerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgUS: (805)652-2626Intl: +1 805-652-2626