NEW YORK, May 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Machine-to-Machine(M2M) Communications in Healthcare 2010-20
Jim Morrish, Director
Machine-to-machine in the healthcare sector represents a significant commercial opportunity for a wide range of companies and will be one of the major drivers of machine-to-machine communication. Machina Research's Connected Intelligence report Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communication in Healthcare 2010-20 forecasts that:
- The installed base of M2M connected devices within the sector will exceed 774 million by 2020. North America will be the largest region for the duration of the forecast, with a share of worldwide connected medical devices peaking at 54% and falling back to 42% by the end of the forecast period, as growth in Europe accelerates.
- Total traffic generated by M2M applications in the healthcare sector (and carried over wide area networks) will approach 78 petabytes by 2020, a CAGR of 75% from 2010's figure of 283 terabytes. The proportion of such traffic carried over mobile networks will remain relatively high throughout the forecast period, falling from 72% in 2010 to 43% in 2020. Total mobile network traffic generated by M2M solutions in the healthcare sector will exceed 33 petabytes by 2020, a CAGR of 66%.
- Overall, global network traffic revenues for mobile operators can be expected to exceed EUR3.1 billion in 2020. Revenue for M2M connected healthcare applications will total EUR 69 billion in 2020.The majority of M2M connected healthcare devices will be accounted for by consumer-oriented applications. However, the majority of revenues will be accounted for by the non-consumer segment, due to the significantly higher average capital cost of such devices: the bulk of this revenue will only be addressable by established medical equipment manufacturers (although related revenues opportunities will be available for systems integrators).
About the report
Machine-to-machine (M2M) Communication in Healthcare 2010-20 provides invaluable qualitative and quantitative analysis of the emerging opportunity for machine-to-machine communications in the healthcare sector.The forecast excel data sheet includes very granular 10 year market forecasts for 54 countries and 6 regions. The forecast covers numbers of connections, traffic and revenue for each of the eight identified healthcare application groups (Worried Well – Home Monitoring, Worried Well – Clinical Monitoring, Telemedicine, First Responder Connectivity, Connected Medical Environments, Clinical Remote Monitoring, Assisted Living and Clinical Trials) with splits by technology (2G, 3G, 4G, short range, MAN, fixed WAN and satellite) and a break-out of mobile traffic revenue.The report reviews the major drivers and barriers for growth of M2M in the healthcare sector and analyses the key market dynamics, including how MNOs, fixed operators, service providers and vendors might go about identifying and realising addressable opportunities. Each application is examined individually with case studies and forecast analysis.
1. Executive Summary
4. Drivers and Barriers
5. Healthcare Market Analysis and Forecast
6. Application Analysis and Forecast (Worried Well - Home Monitoring/ Worried Well - Pesonal Monitoring/ Telemedicine/ First Responder Connectivity/ Connected Medical Environments/ Clinical Remote Monitoring/ Assisted Living/ Clinical Trials)
8. About Machina Research
To order this report:
Healthcare Industry: Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications in Healthcare 2010-20
Healthcare Business News
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
CONTACTNicolas BombourgReportlinkerEmail: [email protected]US: (805)652-2626Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hyperacusis is a chronic hearing disorder characterized by an abnormal sensitivity to s ...
Proton beam therapy is a type of external radiation treatment or radiotherapy that uses protons ...
Statins are a group of drugs which help to lower the blood cholesterol levels.View All