NEW YORK, May 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Epidemiology:Major Abdominal Surgery – A key risk factor for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Features and benefits
* Gain insight to market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of major abdominal surgeries.
* Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with major abdominal surgery and how it is related to deep vein thrombosis.
Datamonitor's epidemiologists expect to see a small increase in the number of major abdominal surgeries between 2010 and 2020 in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). The number of abdominal surgeries is expected to increase from around 7,436,000 surgeries in 2010 to 8,109,000 surgeries in 2020.
In 2010, Datamonitor expects that the number of abdominal surgeries will differ significantly by age group. In the seven major markets, there will be approximately 166,400 surgeries in those under 15, 5,125,000 in those between 15 and 44, 1,194,000 in those between 45 and 64, and 950,300 surgeries in those over the age of 65.
The most commonly performed major abdominal surgery is Cesarean section in all seven major markets. It is estimated that Cesarean sections make up approximately one third of all major abdominal surgeries.
Your key questions answered
* What are the most robust sources for major abdominal surgery data?
* How will the patient population change over the next decade in the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)?
* How do changes in population structure and risk factors affect the trend in number of major abdominal surgeries?
To order this report:
: Epidemiology: Major Abdominal Surgery – A key risk factor for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Contact Nicolas BombourgReportlinkerEmail: [email protected]US: (805)652-2626
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Parkinson's disease (PD) is a chronic and progressive disease of the nervous system, causing ...
Iridectomy is a procedure in which an opening is made in the iris of the eye.
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.View All