NEW YORK, May 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
CaseStudy: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Public awareness and physician detailing will drive market growth
Features and benefits
* Examination of key recommendations contained in published treatment guidelines for the management of ASDs.
* Overview of the treatment pathway and identification of three key points of influence that may be targeted by pharmaceutical companies.
* Discussion of key opportunities and treats facing existing and prospective players in the autism spectrum disorders market.
ASDs are a complex spectrum of disorders, largely heterogeneous in etiology and symptomatology. Increasing public awareness of the milder symptoms of the disorders would serve to aid earlier recognition and presentation. In addition, increasing physician education in relation to the use of validated screening tools would aid earlier diagnosis.
Given that only two products are approved in the US for one of the behavioural symptoms of ASDs, physicians largely rely on off-label prescribing for the majority of symptoms. With few marketing strategies currently employed, primary care physician detailing has the potential to boost product uptake in the ASDs market.
Targeting the core symptoms of ASDs represents a 'high-risk, high-reward' strategy, given the heterogeneity of patient presentation and unknown etiologies, yet high population base. Meanwhile, the traditional route into the ASDs market– targeting of individual symptoms – represents a 'low-risk low-reward' strategy.
Your key questions answered
* What do current treatment guidelines recommend in relation to pharmacological treatment of ASDs?
* What is the current typical treatment pathway for patients with ASDs? Where are the key points of influence for market players?
* Which segment of the ASDs population offers the greatest commercial potential to developers?
* What actions can pharmaceutical companies take in order to maximize the uptake of products indicated for the treatment of ASDs?
* Which factors pose the greatest threat to the commercial potential of products indicated for the treatment of ASDs?
To order this report:
Pathology Industry: Case Study: Autism Spectrum Disorders - Public awareness and physician detailing will drive market growth
Pathology Business News
More Market Research Report
Check our Company Profile, SWOT and Revenue Analysis!
Nicolas BombourgReportlinkerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgUS: (805)652-2626Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Learn the basics about diabetes and how to bring it under control with turmeric, an highly ...