Questioning a Person's Ability to Live Independently? The NAB Daily Living Can Help!
LUTZ, Fla., July 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When making high-stakes decisions about an individual's capacity to care for themselves, having reliable data is imperative. Those decisions can be made easier with the Neuropsychological Assessment BatteryŪ Daily Living (NABŪ DL). The NAB DL is ideal when determining if an individual can live alone, should be placed in assisted living, or needs additional care.
The NAB is a comprehensive battery of neuropsychological tests developed to assess a wide array of neuropsychological skills and functions in adults ages 18-97 years. Until now, the daily living tasks were embedded throughout the battery; they are now available in one stand-alone form. Each of the tasks involve real-world scenarios that are generalizable, targeted, and ecologically valid to represent everyday situations. The NAB DL addresses the following skills:
- The Attention Driving Scenes test taps into an examinee's visual working memory, attention to detail, and selective attention skills.
- The Bill Payment Daily Living test taps into auditory language, reading comprehension, speech output, and writing ability.
- The Daily Living Memory test involves explicit learning, delayed recall, and recognition recall.
- The Map Reading Daily Living test involves orientation, visuospatial skill, spatial/directional skills.
- The Judgment Daily Living test asks about home safety, health, and medical situations.
The highly predictive relationship between performance on these tests and behavior in a variety of real-world settings, such as home, work, or school, provides an accurate assessment of how a client may behave when confronted with these challenges in his or her natural environment, giving great insight into an individual's capacity to make decisions about their care.
To learn more about the NAB DL, visit www.parinc.com, or call PAR Customer Support at 1.800.331.8378.
Founded in 1978, PAR is a leading publisher of assessment instruments, software, and other related materials. Over the past three decades, PAR has earned a reputation for providing customers with innovative assessment solutions and unparalleled customer service.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/questioning-a-persons-ability-to-live-independently-the-nab-daily-living-can-help-300299514.html
SOURCE PAR, Inc.