SAN FRANCISCO, July 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global platelet rich plasma market is expected to reach
USD 647.1 million
by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of orthopedic diseases and increasing application of PRP in cosmetic surgery is propelling the demand for the market. Platelet-rich
plasma has become one of the cutting-edge technologies for a number of medical applications including orthopedics, general surgery, cosmetic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, wound healing, and others.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160524/371361LOGO )
Platelet rich plasma treatments aid in soft tissue healing and reduce the risk of post and preoperative bleeding. As a result, it is considered as one of the most significant treatment methods for the management of several chronic diseases. The most enticing fact about this treatment is that the procedure helps in regeneration of ligament and tendon fibers, which can possibly obviate the need for surgery and result in enormous growth of the PRP market during the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Market Analysis By Product (Pure, Leukocyte-Rich, Leukocyte-Rich Fibrin), By Application (Orthopedics, Cosmetic Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Neurosurgery), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/platelet-rich-plasma-prp-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The market study suggests that pure PRP dominated the overall market in 2016 owing to its greater capability and suitability for bone regeneration and improved patient response due to less inflammation
- However, leukocyte-rich PRP is expected to witness highest growth rate due to the presence of inductive properties that help in stimulation of healing processes. Treatment with leukocyte-rich PRP is anticipated to be one of the most favorable methods in the future for the treatment of soft tissue defects
- Amongst the application segments, orthopedics occupied the largest share in 2016 as PRP injections aid in rapid augmentation of soft tissue healing process. Few orthopedic complications that have been treated successfully with PRP techniques include knee osteoarthritis, Achilles tendinopathy, lateral epicondylitis, rotator cuff tears, and ulnar collateral ligament
- The cosmetic surgery and dermatology application segment is expected to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period as PRP injections trigger the production of new cells and promote collagen formation, which naturally tightens and smoothens the skin
- North America dominated the regional segment with the largest revenue share in 2016, due to increasing orthopedic disorders & sport injuries and greater developments in the field of plasma therapy
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, primarily due to growing awareness regarding platelet rich plasma treatment, rising demand for cosmetic procedures, and booming medical tourism industry in the region
- Some of the major companies operating in this market are T-Biotechnology (T-LAB); Arthrex, Inc.; Terumo BCT, Inc.; EmCyte Corporation; DePuy Synthes; Zimmer Biomet; Stryker; Glofinn Oy; DR. PRP AMERICA, LLC; and others.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Artificial Limbs and Joints Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artificial-limbs-and-joints-market
- Blood Flow Measurement Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/blood-flow-measurement-devices-market
- Advanced Parenteral Drug Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-parenteral-drug-market
- Vein Illumination Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/vein-illumination-devices-market
Grand View Research has segmented the platelet rich plasma market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Pure PRP
- Leukocyte-Rich PRP
- Leukocyte-Rich Fibrin
- Platelet Rich Plasma Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cosmetic Surgery & Dermatology
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- General surgery
- Platelet Rich Plasma Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Read Our Blog: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Contact: Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: +1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.