Pipeline Insight: Leukemias Underserved patient populations offer potential for market growth
Despite major advances in treatment in the last decade a considerable percentage of the leukemia population still has high unmet needs. Some key oncology companies
have entered the leukemias market fairly recently while others are pursuing late-phase development in this indication hoping to exploit the commercial potential of patient subgroups underserved by existing treatment options. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=134190&rt=Pipeline-Insight-Leukemias-Underserved-patient-populations-offer-potential-for-market-growth.html
* Forecast sales of the drugs in late-phase development for leukemia in the seven major markets over the period 2010 to 2019
* In-depth analysis for all leukemia drugs in late-phase development including trial data SWOT analysis and clinical and commercial potential
* Segmentation and analysis of the leukemia pipeline by developmental phase class and indication
* Insight and analysis of leukemia market potential including epidemiology patient segmentation unmet needs and target product profiles
Despite high cure rates in some forms of leukemia certain groups of patients still have high unmet needs. Drug developers are targeting increasingly defined subsets of patients with high unmet need in order to establish a market for their products. Examples include elderly patients and patients with certain genetic characteristics.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) offers the greatest potential. It forecasts the three drugs in late-phase development to achieve total sales of $938m in 2019. This stems from the large size of the target patient populations and a lack of effective treatment options in these patient subgroups which will drive high market penetration.
A number of late-phase drugs will have a notable impact on the leukemia market as they go some way towards addressing some of the remaining unmet needs. These agents include Revlimid (lenalidomide; Celgene) RG7159 (obinutuzumab; Glycart/Roche/Genentech/Biogen Idec/Chugai) and bosutinib (PF-5208763; Pfizer).
Reasons to Purchase
* Justify go/no-go decisions on the basis of potential return on investment
* Identifying licensing opportunities based on company portfolio and market needs
* Use product profiles to aid pricing and reimbursement decisions
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=134190&rt=Pipeline-Insight-Leukemias-Underserved-patient-populations-offer-potential-for-market-growth.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook