Party City Gives 'Cheers' to The Season for Healthier Hearts
ROCKAWAY, N.J., April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Party City, America's largest party specialty retailer, helps consumers entertain for happy hearts this spring as it announces its second "Cheers to Your Health" campaign in support of the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women® movement. Starting today through Mother's Day, May 9, 2010, Party City customers can support the cause through dollar donations, which will be collected at the registers of its more than 600 retail stores nationwide.
Party City's "Cheers to Your Health" campaign encourages consumers to celebrate life with loved ones and take active steps toward healthier lives. To kick off the initiative, Party City's celebration expert, Samantha Goldberg, shares a few fun, fresh, spring entertaining ideas to help hosts jumpstart party planning:
- Freshen Up with Fabulous Colors: tis the season for color. Some of the newest and hottest trends are bright colors such as lime green, hot pinks, bright oranges and yellows. Don't be afraid to go bold, add patterns, or mix 'n' match.
- Experiment with Lighting: adding lighting to outdoor events can change the mood throughout the day. While it's still light out, guests can enjoy the many colors and sizes of paper lanterns and by night the mood turns romantic and takes evening festivities to the next level.
- Dream in Themes: a themed event guarantees an exciting and fun experience for everyone. An ordinary backyard can be transformed into a fabulous "set" for a Hawaiian luau with tiki stands, grass skirts and floral leis galore. Cinco De Mayo doesn't have to be in May...at Party City the in-house decoration themes help hosts decide when and how they want to celebrate.
- Add Pizzazz to Serving: it's amazing how food begins to taste better just by the way it's displayed. Try serving lemonade or punch in colorful plastic margarita glasses with an orange or lemon slice on the edge. Take mashed potatoes to the next level and use plastic champagne flutes as a creative serving tool. Think outside traditional serving bowls and platters - the possibilities are truly endless.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: appreciate Mother Nature by purchasing items that can be re-used for various gatherings and will make less waste. Shop for products that are recyclable or eco-friendly at Party City. In fact, the store has a great line of eco-chic tableware and serveware.
The American Heart Association recognizes that laughter and healthy habits such as physical activity can protect from the harmful effects of stress. In fact, studies show that laughter boosts levels of endorphins, the body's "feel-good" hormones; quickens the pulse rate, stimulates blood circulation, activates muscles, increases oxygen intake and helps to induce relaxation.
"Our support of the Go Red For Women movement is inspired by the many women who shop at Party City, and this spring we are honored to continue our relationship with the American Heart Association," says Lisa Laube, president of Party City. "We're hoping our efforts this spring will help customers kick off entertaining season in style and remind them to give cheers to their health and celebrate life with family and friends."
"We are excited about Party City's support and encouragement of family celebrations with heart-healthy food," says Neil Meltzer, American Heart Association Board Chairman and President and COO, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. "The use of heart-healthy recipes when planning a party is a great way to not only enjoy healthy food, but it encourages family and friends to do the same."
Heart-healthy recipes are available on the Go Red For Women Web site: GoRedForWomen.org/.
To learn more about Party City, its latest spring collection and affiliation with the Go Red For Women movement, please visit www.partycity.com or the company's Facebook page (Facebook.com/PartyCity). For health tips and more information about the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement, visit GoRedForWomen.org.
About Party City
Party City Corporation is America's largest specialty party goods chain and the country's premier Halloween specialty retailer. Party City operates more than 600 company-owned and franchise stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Party City is a division of Amscan Holdings, Inc. (AHI) and has its headquarters in Rockaway, New Jersey. Amscan designs, manufactures and distributes party goods through its vertically aligned retailers as well as other retailers worldwide. Amscan's worldwide locations include their corporate headquarters in Elmsford, NY as well as locations throughout Asia, Europe, the Americas and Australia. Amscan operates seven state of the art distribution centers throughout the world and six manufacturing facilities domestically. Product is manufactured both in the United States and overseas.
About Go Red For Women
Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association's solution to save women's lives. With one out of three women still dying from heart disease, we are committed to fighting this No. 1 killer that is largely preventable. GoRedForWomen.org, a premiere source of information and education, connects millions of women of all ages and gives them tangible resources to turn personal choices into life-saving actions. We encourage women and the men who love them to embrace the cause. For more information please visit GoRedForWomen.org or call 1-888- MY-HEART (1-888-694-3278). The movement is nationally sponsored by Macy's and Merck & Co., Inc.
About the American Heart Association
Founded in 1924, we're the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. To help prevent, treat and defeat these diseases -- America's No. 1 and No. 3 killers -- we fund cutting-edge research, conduct lifesaving public and professional educational programs, and advocate to protect public health. To learn more or join us in helping all Americans, call 1-800-AHA-USA1 or visit americanheart.org.
SOURCE Party City