Partners 7th Annual Connected Health Symposium Maps the Way for Moving Care Beyond the Hospital and into the Day-to-Day Lives of Patients
The Way Forward: Reform's New Focus on Health and Wellness, Independent Aging, Chronic Condition Self-Care and the Tools That Support Them
-- October 21-22, 2010, Boston, MA --
The Center for Connected Health, a division of Partners HealthCare, hosts the 7th annual Connected Health Symposium, October 21-22, 2010. This year's Symposium will map the way ahead. As gridlock threatens elsewhere, the responsibility for driving change falls directly to patients, hospital leaders, payers, physicians, entrepreneurs and IT execs who experience healthcare every day. Breakout sessions and keynote presentations will take a hard look at payment reform, provider accountability and patient self-management and technology tools available and in development to address these pressing issues.
Two-day Symposium plus pre-meeting workshops -- The Way Forward: Reform's New Focus on Health and Wellness, Independent Aging, Chronic Condition Self-Care and the Tools That Support Them, two-day symposium
Thursday, October 21, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday, October 22, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers, 64 Arlington Street, Boston
Speakers include leading healthcare and technology executives:
- Caroline Apovian, MD, FACP, FACN, Associate Professor, BU School of Medicine; Director, Center for Nutrition & Weight Management, Boston Medical Center
- B.J. Fogg, Director, Persuasive Technology Lab, Stanford University
- Gary Gottlieb, MD, MBA, President and CEO, Partners HealthCare
- Sheena Iyengar, Inaugural S.T. Lee Professor of Business, Columbia Business School
- Cory Kidd, MS, PhD, Founder and CEO, Intuitive Automata
- Thomas Lee, MD, Network President, Partners Healthcare System; CEO, Partners Community HealthCare
- Geoffrey Ling, MD, PhD, Revolutionizing Prosthetics program, DARPA; Professor and Vice-Chair of Neurology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
GENERAL REGISTRATION: To register to attend, visit www.connected-health.org, or contact Margaret Spinale at 617-643-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Contact Gina Cella, Cella Communications (781-334-4692 or email@example.com) for media registration or to arrange interviews with any of the speakers.
The Center for Connected Health is a leader in the use of technology to deliver quality patient care
outside of the hospital or doctor's office, and is part of Partners HealthCare, a Boston-based integrated health system founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, leading Harvard Medical School Teaching affiliates. Visit www.connected-health.org.
CONTACT: Gina Cella, Cella Communications, +1-781-334-4692, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Partners Telemedicine
/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- Aug. 3/
SOURCE The Center for Connected Health