Conscious Sedation Consulting announces the release of its online conscious sedation certification course. This course is approved by the AMA for Category I CME's. This course is designed for physicians, dentists and nurses involved in the administration
of conscious sedation and analgesia services. This course covers all aspects of sedation services in an out patient setting.
It meets and exceeds the applicable standards set by The Joint Commission.
STANDARDIZES EDUCATION & APPROVAL PROCESS
administering moderate sedation.
Many administrative tasks including documentation of competency.
SECURE & SEARCHABLE
After completing this activity and reviewing the accompanying materials, the Sedation Policy and its Appendices, participants demonstrate that they should be able to:
* Assess a patient and relative risks prior to a procedure that involves sedation;
* List the medications commonly used for sedation;
* Operate monitors and document patient status during the procedure and recovery;
* Recognize and effectively treat airway compromise;
* Intervene in a timely fashion to rescue and resuscitate the patient as needed;
* Participate in data gathering and performance improvement activities.
After participants complete the course and review the accompanying materials, they are asked to take a post-test and demonstrate that they participated in the program. A passing grade of 80% is required to become approved to administer sedation. If participants fail the test, they review the course and retake the test until a passing grade of 80% is achieved.
This software program automatically grades the tests. After passing the test, participants fill out the Sedation Compliance Statement, and become approved to administer sedation for a period of two years beginning when they pass the test and submit the results to the Department of Anesthesiology.
The post-test and evaluation of the program will also be the mechanism by which participants receive Continuing Medical (CME) &/or Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit.