Novo Nordisk to Present 28 Abstracts at the World Federation of Hemophilia Congress
BAGSVÆRD, Denmark, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
This material is intended for global medical media only.
For journalistic assessment and preparation before publication.
Novo Nordisk announced today that data from 28 abstracts will be shared at the upcoming World Federation of Hemophilia World Congress (WFH) in Orlando, Florida, from 24-28 July. The WFH Congress is the largest international meeting for the global bleeding disorders community, taking place every second year.
The broad spectrum of data demonstrates exciting new advances in the area of haemophilia and establishes Novo Nordisk's commitment to driving innovation and research. The comprehensive programme provides updates on Novo Nordisk's haemophilia pipeline, new clinical data regarding established treatments and insights into the psychosocial and functional impact of haemophilia on quality of life.
Following are key highlights that will be presented at the meeting:
Monday, July 25, 3:50 pm EDT, Poster Presentation
- Recombinant factor XIII is safe and effective for prophylaxis in young children with congenital FXIII A-subunit deficiency: results from an international phase 3 trial (MP-M-200)
Tuesday, July 26, 3:30 pm EDT, Poster Presentations
- Efficacy and safety of turoctocog alfa for prophylaxis and treatment of bleeding episodes in patients with severe haemophilia A: results from the guardian™2 trial (P-T-97)
- First report of safety and efficacy of a glycoPEGylated FVIII (N8-GP) in previously treated paediatric patients with severe haemophilia A - results from the international phase 3 pathfinder™5 trial (P-T-103)
- Psychosocial impact of mild to severe haemophilia B on affected adults and children: methods and demographics of the bridging haemophilia B experiences results and opportunities into solutions (B-HERO-S) study (PO-T-26)
Wednesday, July 27, 3:30 pm EDT, Poster Presentations
- Bleeding characteristics of patients with congenital haemophilia and inhibitors: data from a postmarketing study of recombinant activated factor VII (SMART-7) (P-W-79)
"The presentation of 28 abstracts at WFH 2016 is unparalleled and a clear signal to the haemophilia community that Novo Nordisk is committed to finding solutions to improve the lives of people living with haemophilia worldwide," said Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, executive vice president and chief science officer of Novo Nordisk. "We look forward to the opportunity for scientific exchange at this important meeting."
The abstracts above are a sampling of the data that will be presented or published by Novo Nordisk. For a complete list of abstracts please visit: http://www.wfh.org/congress/2016_Abstracts
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions: haemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs approximately 41,600 people in 75 countries and markets its products in more than 180 countries. For more information, visit novonordisk.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Further information Media: Katrine Sperling +45-4442-6718 email@example.com
Åsa Josefsson +45-3079-7708 firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Mallon +1-609-786-4079 email@example.com
Investors: Peter Hugreffe Ankersen +45-3075-9085 firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Raouzeos +45-3075-3479 email@example.com
Kasper Veje (US) +1-609-235-8567 firstname.lastname@example.org