LONDON, May 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Norgine B.V. today presented new post-hoc analyses fromthe phase III DAYB and MORA studies that demonstrate the high-quality cleansing efficacy of PLENVU®, a low volume, 1 litre PEG and ascorbate bowel preparation when compared to sodium picosulfate with magnesium citrate (CITRAFLEET®)
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130829/633895-a )
High cleansing efficacy:
Improved cleansing (Boston Bowel Preparation Scale) in evening only dosing when compared to sodium picosulfate with magnesium citrate;
PLENVU® has been shown to be well tolerated in studies versus standard 2 litre PEG with ascorbate, sodium picosulfate with magnesium citrate and trisulfate solution.,,
Dr Alastair Benbow, Chief Development & Medical Officer, Norgine commented "These phase III data confirm the potential of PLENVU®, a low volume bowel preparation to replace standard bowel preparations. As colonoscopy is considered one of the most effective colorectal screening procedures, use of a highly efficacious bowel preparation such as PLENVU® is important to enable better detection of adenomas and polyps which ultimately will improve patients outcomes and save healthcare systems resources."
These data were presented at Digestive Diseases Week, 6-9 May 2017, Chicago.
The PLENVU® Phase III clinical trial programme includes three multicentre, randomised, parallel group studies: NOCT, MORA, and DAYB.
Colorectal cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related mortality in Europe and the US, with 412,000 new diagnoses of colorectal cancer every year in Europe and 136,115 in the US.,
PLENVU® data being presented at DDW on Saturday 6 May, 12:00 CDT
In August 2016, Norgine entered into a licensing agreement with Valeant Pharmaceuticals for PLENVU® in the US and Canada.
PLENVU® is not yet approved for use in the US or Europe. Norgine anticipates regulatory approval in Europe in 2017 and in 2018 in the US.
View the full release on http://www.norgine.com
1. Lewis S. et al. Bowel preparation quality of NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate + magnesium citrate as assessed by colonoscopists at site: a post hoc analysis from a randomized controlled trial. Sa1109. Digestive Diseases Week, 6-9 May 2017
2. Manning, J. et al. Bowel preparation quality of NER1006 versus standard 2L PEG with ascorbate as assessed by colonoscopists at site: a post hoc analysis from a randomized controlled trial. Sa1096. Digestive Diseases Week, 6-9 May 2017
3. Hassan, C. et al. Achieving adequate level bowel preparation with day before dosing regimens of NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate + magnesium citrate: post hoc analysis of a Phase 3 trial. Sa1120. Digestive Diseases Week, 6-9 May 2017
4. Bisschops R, et al. P0179 Efficacy and safety of the novel 1 L PEG and ascorbate bowel preparation NER1006 versus standard 2 L PEG with ascorbate in overnight or morning split-dosing administration: results from The phase 3 study MORA. UEG Journal 2016; 4(Suppl1): A218 - A219
5. DeMicco M, et al. OP375 Efficacy and safety of the novel 1L PEG and ascorbate bowel preparation NER1006 versus trisulfate solution in overnight split-dosing administration: results from the phase 3 study NOCT. UEG Journal 2016; 4(Suppl1): A415-A416
6. Schreiber, et al. P1266 Efficacy and safety of the novel 1 L PEG and ascorbate bowel preparation NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate + magnesium citrate in day before split dosing administration: results from the phase 3 Study DAYB. UEG Journal 2016; 4(Suppl1): A589-A590
7. Zavoral M et al. Colorectal cancer screening in Europe. World J Gastroenterol 2009;15(47):5907-5915
8. Colorectal Cancer Statistics 2013. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal/statistics/ [Accessed 25 April 2017]
Norgine Media Contacts Isabelle Jouin, T: +44(0)1895-453643 Charlotte Andrews, T: +44-(0)1895-453607 Follow us @norgine
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...
Unripe green papaya fruit is a rich source of important nutrients including vitamins, proteins, & ...View All