New Jersey Plastic Surgeon Explains Why Cellfina May Be the Best Option for Cellulite to Date
PARAMUS, N.J., Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The dimpled, puckered skin we call cellulite is thought to affect at least 85% of adult women. It's also been notoriously difficult to treat in the past. However, cellulite may have met its match in the Cellfina System, says Paul M. Parker MD, FACS, board certified plastic surgeon and medical director of the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery in Paramus.
In a recent interview, he shared his experience using Cellfina, a treatment he calls one of the best options for reducing cellulite available.
The first minimally invasive treatment FDA-cleared to treat cellulite for up to 3 years, Cellfina uses a special, proprietary blade to manually release the tight, fibrous bands of tissue that run from the skin to the muscle, which are responsible for cellulite, explains Dr. Parker: "We each have a network of connective tissue bands, called 'fibrous septae,' which weave through subcutaneous fat to anchor our skin to the underlying muscle tissue. For unknown reasons, these bands can shorten in certain areas of body, usually the buttocks and thighs, pulling down on the skin and causing the dimpled appearance of cellulite."
By releasing these bands, Cellfina restores a smoother, more even skin texture in treated areas. Dr. Parker lists many benefits of Cellfina over previous cellulite treatments, including:
- Comfortable, 45-minute treatment. Dr. Parker states that the local anesthetic injections to numb the area are "probably the most discomfort a patient will feel throughout the whole treatment."
- Little to no downtime is needed. Dr. Parker explains that the tiny blade is inserted only 6 millimeters beneath the skin, and treatment requires no stitches and leaves no scars. Patients can resume most normal activity immediately after treatment. He states, "A little soreness for a day or two is normal, but most patients report that it is very mild."
- Improvements are noticeable within 3 days. Most patients notice positive results in just a few days, which continue to improve during the weeks after treatment.
- Results can last up to 3 years or longer. Cellfina originally received FDA clearance in 2014; follow-up studies have shown enduring results in a significant majority of patients, prompting the FDA to update Cellfina's clearance to treat cellulite for 3 years.
- Patients are typically satisfied after one treatment. Dr. Parker notes that while every patient is different, most of his patients require only one treatment to achieve their desired results.
Dr. Parker has been treating patients with Cellfina for about one year now and calls the minimally invasive treatment a game-changer in the fight against cellulite. "Cellfina is the most effective, long-lasting cellulite treatment I've used. Other non-surgical options, such as laser and radiofrequency treatments, can achieve some moderate, temporary reduction of the appearance of cellulite, mainly due to their skin firming properties; however, since these do not effectively release the fibrous septae, the dimpling returns after a few months at best." He adds that surgical subcision, which essentially uses the same mechanism as Cellfina, is a less desirable option in terms of both patient comfort and results.
Dr. Parker invites anyone interested in learning more about Cellfina cellulite reduction in New Jersey to contact The Parker Center by phone at 201-967-1212 or visit www.parkercenter.net.
About the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery: Board certified plastic surgeon Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS, specializes in breast, body and facial cosmetic surgery for men and women as well as reconstructive skin cancer treatment as medical director of the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery, which he founded in 1985. The Parker Center also houses the Parker Center Medi-Spa, a full-service medical spa, and is located at 122 East Ridgewood Ave., Paramus, NJ, 07652. 201-967-1212. For more information, visitwww.parkercenter.net or read Dr. Parker's reviews.
Media Contact: Dr. Paul M. Parker, Parker Center for Plastic Surgery, 201-967-1212.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-jersey-plastic-surgeon-explains-why-cellfina-may-be-the-best-option-for-cellulite-to-date-300399346.html
SOURCE Parker Center for Plastic Surgery