Neuropathy Action Foundation (NAF) Announces 11th Annual "Neuropathy Action Awareness Day," Largest Neuropathy-Related Patient Event In The United States
LOS ANGELES, March 14, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Neuropathy Action Foundation (NAF) announced that registration is now open for its 11th Annual "Neuropathy Action Awareness Day," an all-day educational event on June 23rd in Los Angeles. "Neuropathy Action Awareness Day" will be the largest neuropathy gathering in the United States this year and will bring together patients and caregivers from across the country to learn about neuropathy, strategies for managing the condition, patient advocacy and tools that empower patients to become advocates for their own health care.
The event consists of educational presentations, luncheon, exhibit area and silent auction. Cancer survivor, artist, author, Darryle Pollack, will speak during the luncheon and Carolyn Johnson, award winning journalist and co-anchor, NBC4 Southern California News will be the master of ceremonies during the luncheon. Other speakers include:
- Perry Shieh, MD, Ph.D., Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), will discuss the signs, symptoms and causes of peripheral neuropathy;
- Richard Lewis, MD, FAAN, Director EMG Laboratory and Co-Director Neuromuscular Clinic, Cedars-Sinai, will discuss understanding a neurologist's approach to the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral neuropathy;
- Jeffrey Ralph, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), will discuss current treatment options for peripheral neuropathy;
- Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder, Diabetes Hands Foundation and Senior Vice President of Livongo Health, will discuss Diabetes and "Why You Are Not Alone;"
- Jim Romano, Director of Government Relations and Advocacy, Patient Services, Inc. (PSI);
"Neuropathy Action Awareness Day provides patients with a critical forum to help empower themselves to be the most effective advocates for their own care," said NAF President Dominick Spatafora. "As insurance benefit restrictions make it more difficult to access IVIG and other medications, it is more important than ever that the neuropathy advocacy community has a strong voice to protect access to care and ensure that the health care cost debate does not focus on short-term savings at the expense of patient health and long-term costs."
The event is from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Friday, June 23 at the Intercontinental Hotel Los Angeles located at 2151 Avenue of the Stars. The event is FREE of charge; however, NAF requests a $25 donation from patients and caregivers and $125 from others who attend the luncheon. Register today at (877) 512-7262 or www.neuropathyaction.org
Interested individuals who are unable to attend in person can register for free to stream the event online and submit questions digitally to be answered in real-time by event speakers.
About the Neuropathy Action FoundationThe Neuropathy Action Foundation (NAF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is dedicated to ensuring neuropathy patients obtain the necessary resources to access individualized treatment to improve their quality of life. The NAF increases awareness among physicians, the general public and public policy officials that neuropathy can potentially be a serious, widespread and disabling condition, which may be treatable when appropriate medical care is provided.
Media Contact: Dominick Spatafora, 877-512-7262, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neuropathy-action-foundation-naf-announces-11th-annual-neuropathy-action-awareness-day-largest-neuropathy-related-patient-event-in-the-united-states-300422141.html
SOURCE Neuropathy Action Foundation