Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market Size Worth $4.0 Billion By 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
Grand View Research, Inc, November 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 4.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing awareness in the developing regions pertaining to advanced wound care is providing a significant opportunity to the key market players to cater to the unmet needs of the target population. The primary driver associated with this market is the cost-effectiveness of single-use negative pressure wound therapy devices.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150105/723757 )
Major companies are also focusing on education of reimbursement coverage in such regions to further increase the affordability of these devices. However, the current reimbursement policies mostly cover conventional NPWT devices owing to their high cost.Furthermore, the geriatric population is also contributing to a great extent toward increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases. Increasing age is one of the high risk factorsleading to the development of chronic diseases such as atherosclerosis, which is one of the prime cardiovascular disorders prevalent in the geriatric population.
NPWT is one of the commonly accepted therapies employed for the treatment of arterial ulcers, which is one of the major complications of atherosclerosis. Around 50% of the people worldwide are exposed to fire-related traumas, among which, 90% of the cases occur in low to moderate income countries.Thus, the rising incidence of traumatic events is expected toengender a high demand for negative pressure wound therapy products.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market By Product (Conventional, Single-Use), Wound Type (Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Leg Ulcers, Burn Wounds), End Use (Hospitals, Homecare), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/negative-pressure-wound-therapy-npwt-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Conventional NPWT devices dominated the product segment in 2015 owing to their high cost and availability of favorable reimbursement policies
- Single-use negative pressure wound therapy devices segment is considered to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period
- Diabetic foot ulcer held the largest revenue share in 2015 owing to its numerous applications, thus yielding a high success rate using NPWT
- Homecare setting is anticipated to witness an attractive CAGR over the forecast period owing to the emerging applicability of single-use NPWT devices in the homecare setting and cost-effectiveness of the therapy
- North America dominated the overall NPWT market in 2015. This is primarily due to the increased usage of the target therapy in this region, which has led to a reduction in hospital stays and contributed toward enhanced quality of patient lives
- Some key companies in this market are Acelity L.P. Inc., Smith & Nephew, Mölnlycke Health Care, Talley Group Limited, ConvaTec Inc., Devon Medical, Cardinal Health, Inc., DeRoyal Industries, Inc., Medela AG and Paul Hartmann AG
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Glucose Monitoring Device Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glucose-monitoring-device-market
- Infectious Vaccines Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/infectious-vaccines-market
- Neurovascular Intervention Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/neurovascular-intervention-devices-market
- Airway Management Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/airway-management-devices-market
Grand View Research has segmented the negative pressure wound therapy market on the basis of product, wound type, end use, and region:
- Global Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Conventional NPWT
- Single-use NPWT
- Global Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Burn Wounds
- Global End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/negative-pressure-wound-therapy-market-insights-global-industry-size-trends
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Contact: Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc Phone: 1-415-349-0058 Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519 Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.grandviewresearch.com
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.